S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
kind are the differences between a ss and a normal s-10?

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
S-10 SS................................................!

The S-10 SS was available
only from 94 to 1998.....!
They all were Reg Cab and
From 1994 to Late 1996
they were fleetside trucks
In late 1996 you could get a Stepside
SS................!

The SS had a required set of Options......!
L35 4.3 V6.......!
MX0 4 Speed auto overdrive trans......!
G80.......Locking dofferential...........!
GU6.........3:42.1 rear gear ratio
ZQ8........handling suspension.....

.in 1994 to 1995 the truck sat regular ride height
and BF Goodrich P215 65 R15's tires
just like a 4 banger..........!in 1996 the Zq8 was updated to what we know know with 16 inch wheels and P235 55 R16 Eagles..!.......!
SS's were available with or with out the rear step bumper...! They were ONLY offered in 3 Colors...........!
R E D W H I T E BLACK.....!
with body color Gloss Grille.......!

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool, thanks alot, im trying to convert my 94 4.3, 5-speed s-10 into a ss

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, thats were i lie and tell people i but a 5-speed racing transmisson in it. :evilg: :scary:

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
ARCdidit,
not trying to piss you off or anything.
but i m about 99% sure there were no 5 speeds avaliable on the ss's.
did you buy yours new or used?
do you have the ss rpo code on your glove box door (b4u)? is the code.
just never seen one, or heard of anyone having one.that really was a ss.

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lets see some pics of people's SS!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just today I saw a 96' S-10 SS in the local Auto Trader..

In the description the guy had the 4.3L with a 5spd manual, so maybe there are some 5spd SS's floating around.....:confused:

·
Not an O.G.
670 Posts
Sel said:
Just today I saw a 96' S-10 SS in the local Auto Trader..

In the description the guy had the 4.3L with a 5spd manual, so maybe there are some 5spd SS's floating around.....:confused:
They never made a 5 speed SS. And those ones with them are just a bunch of clones.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Im not pissed...

My dad bought my truck new, ordered it with a 5 speed, the code is there in the glovebox. I have seen a few others floating around, the guys that had them said they were super rare. I laughed at them and said"it's a f-cking s-10!! It aint a yenko camaro". I come from a hot rod/muscle car background(it's what I do for a living) so it's pretty hard for a stock s-10(no matter how "rare" it is) to impress me. I don't see any reason to get in a pissing match over it. Oh yeah, not only is the code there, but recently when I wrecked the truck, when the adjustor got finished with the estimate, it said on the first page-SS, 5 speed manual, blah blah blah. They also said if it would have been a regular s-10, they would have totaled it. As a matter of fact, when my dad got the truck, he pulled all of the ss badges off of it, and they are hanging up in his garage.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
hey ARCdidit, just so you know, if you ever wanna sell that SS, leme know, i would make the trip to michigan for it!:thumbup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
well...

unless i stumble onto a substantial chunk of money soon, I will probably be unloading it in August. I love the truck, but it is too small, and I need something a lot bigger to haul my new trailer when I get it, like a slammed big block duallie....hahaha. The truck will be seriously trick though, if you havent seen the rendering it has an envoy front clip, custom bumper, one off pan, shaved everything, leather interior, air suspension, a little nitrous, a few other go fast goodies, 18 and 20 inch wheels, and a killer black, silver, and House of Kolor flame kustom paint job(that would cost 6000 alone, it will run through the jambs and everything. The truck only has 31,000 miles on it right now.

·
i got a six pack and a truck named trigger
34 Posts
i work for a gm dealer and you could get a 5 speed only if you special order it,and they charge more for that.

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
a five speed what?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts