S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
T04E 60-1 Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...

I have the Alpine CDA-7875 Deck in my blazer. It has 3 pairs of RCA outputs according to Alpine, but I haven't been back there to look yet. Now if it does have these RCA outputs, will I still need an FM Modulator to get sound from the PS2 to run through the speakers? Or can I just run the RCA cable from the PS2 directly to the back of the deck and have it as in Input sound? I am not very familiar with car audio but this doesn't seem like too big of a task to handle and I really want to do it myself. What else is involved in getting the sound to run through the speakers? Or is that it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Oh and if anyone can recommend a good brand of LCD screen with the proper RCA inputs or whatever for the screen to display the PS2/DVD output I would appreciate it.

Mike

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
You can use "y"'s if you want no matter how many rca sets are back there. Two things are gonna happen: 1st off, if you are using the deck amp for any speakers or more then 1 set of rcas the ps2 is only gonna play threw the speakers you tapped into. 2nd you will have no vol control, and the deck vol will have to be turned down but left on to use the ps2.
If you don't have aux inputs you should just use a FM mod.

·
T04E 60-1 Member
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a CD changer...

I was just going to run the PS2 directly to the back of the deck.

So which is better? The FM Mod or the Aux input adapter?

And if the input adapter is better which one do I need lol? I am confused

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts