S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use the eBay hallogen projectors with a hid conversion kit? If so what kind of performance am I looking at?

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Can I use the eBay hallogen projectors with a hid conversion kit? If so what kind of performance am I looking at?
Yes you can. And much better than halogen, but not as good as a full on HID projector conversion. I have a HID setup in my halogen projectors. Love driving my truck at night. Actually prefer it, Before i hated driving my truck at night cause the headlights sucked. The Projectors do a very good job of keeping the light down where you need it not like on a stock headlamp where they just flood everything in front of you w/ light. But a true HID projector will have an even very bright output. The halogen is a little spotty.

·
Blazin' in Belize
212 Posts
I have them in mine and actually hate them. I've had much better lighting in other vehicles w/ stock headlights and just HID. I'm gonna sell mine and get either stock or crystal clears and put some in. I've actually taken down my ebay projectors and I must say they are the furthest thing from real projectors. To me they are just a better version of those H4 "projector" conversions for sealed beam lights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts