S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1sikdime
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Chev 350 small block and im running edelbrock performer intake, cam, lifters, 600 cfm carb. Everthing else is stock. Just woundering because i got a set of .040 over Speed Pro pistons if they will go in with these things? Will my compression ratio be too high? I dont really wanna run race fuel so. If you know anything let me know

Thanks Justin

·
11 second station wagon
2,921 Posts
they will work if your rebuilding your engine and having the final bore done to .040. without knowing a part number or whether the piston is flat-top ,dome or dished. noone here can even guess as to the compression ratio. there is barely any compression gain from overbore.

·
1sikdime
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to rebuild the engine. The pistons are flat top im pretty sure with valve releaves. Part number H618CP. I was just thinking the block will need to be bored out so why not bore it .040 over so i can use those pistons.

·
Registered
471 Posts
my book is showin that those are .125 dome pistons hypereutectic with a 10.72 ta 1 compression ratio with a 64 cc head if you dont go crazy with the advance timming and run at least 89 octane you should be all right

1 - 4 of 4 Posts