S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I'm back
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, im only bagged up front and i dont quite lay out, im very close and havent invastaged whats holding me up. But i can drive with my drivers side aired out just fine (unless theres bumps or something) BUT on the pass side, theres part of the inner fender that comes down. Im assuming its a "notch" for the blower box or something to clear. Can i do something about it? Cut that part out? Beat it with a hammer? Any suggestions?
thanks in advance
heres the pics

thanks fellas, oh and i did seach but couldnt come up with anything...

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
2002ZQ8 said:
im in the same boat....

Ditto ... but I'm not so sure about cutting it as that would leave sharp edges close to the tires and beating it up would let the tires rub the bolt heads that stick down. I'm leaving mine for now til I get trailer fenders to put in.

·
Slammedcruiser98
1,269 Posts
yeah ya have to relocate the stuff mounted on the fenderwells and take out the fenders it all depends on much lower you have to go and what size wheels and tires

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
even if you take out that fender you'll still have to go to town with the blower box. it's right above that. and even if you take care of that, you'll still have to cut the side of the inner fender..the more you remove the more you cut, unless you got a beater and lots of time dont start on it expecting to lay out front in 2hrs after starting, there's alot to do.

·
Give me 3 yrs...
6,526 Posts
ya let me tell u, ive spent the last week just relocating and modifiing everything i nthe way under the hood...

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
RedXtreme said:
i dont want to take the inners out yet, to much work and i dont have that much time to work on it at one time. maybe i can hit it it slightly and bend it in?

98SS said:
beating it up would let the tires rub the bolt heads that stick down.

Just look at what your tires will hit if you do that. Personally I'd rather rub what you're rubbing now. :rolleyes: Leave it be.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I took mine out and then a piece rebar came through and fuked everything up :)

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
beating it aint gonna help, the blower box is right above it, im not sure how much space is in between but my guess is little to none.

look at as a sorta "go big or go home" sorta thing.

either go the whole 9yrds and do all the relocating, fabricating, cutting and crying or dont do anything at all and let it be till you have the time.

dont take any of this negatively, im just trying to say that there is alot more that needs to be done, and beating it wont help.

i've tried it lol

·
Registered
386 Posts
03 S10 eXtreme said:
beating it aint gonna help, the blower box is right above it, im not sure how much space is in between but my guess is little to none.

look at as a sorta "go big or go home" sorta thing.

either go the whole 9yrds and do all the relocating, fabricating, cutting and crying or dont do anything at all and let it be till you have the time.

dont take any of this negatively, im just trying to say that there is alot more that needs to be done, and beating it wont help.

i've tried it lol
totally agree, couldn't have said it better my self.

·
I'm back
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok, well if 98ss would have read, it says that on the drivers side i can air out and it doesnt quite lay(the bolts dont touch), so i dont think the other side would, that hump is just in the way.... I investigated it today and the is a good inch in between there and the blower box. Im assuming thats done so that you can get the blower box out easier, so later this week im going to cut it out very carefully after i make sure everything is going to be ok... ill get pics to prove this if ya dont believe me, and ill defintally post pics after i get it done.
Thanks for everyones advice, this post isnt meant to be mean or anything. You guys rock and have always helped me when needed :tup:

·
On tha grind
3,060 Posts
Bfh.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
RedXtreme said:
ok, well if 98ss would have read, it says that on the drivers side i can air out and it doesnt quite lay(the bolts dont touch), so i dont think the other side would, that hump is just in the way.... I investigated it today and the is a good inch in between there and the blower box. Im assuming thats done so that you can get the blower box out easier, so later this week im going to cut it out very carefully after i make sure everything is going to be ok... ill get pics to prove this if ya dont believe me, and ill defintally post pics after i get it done.
Thanks for everyones advice, this post isnt meant to be mean or anything. You guys rock and have always helped me when needed :tup:

it's your truck mang, you do as you wish.
while your outside tomorrow you might as well start relocating things or at least plan out where you're gonna put everything.

good luck dude

·
I'm back
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
03 S10 eXtreme said:
it's your truck mang, you do as you wish.
while your outside tomorrow you might as well start relocating things or at least plan out where you're gonna put everything.

good luck dude
thanks man, ill let you guys know how it goes... i have no need to relocate everything since i dont plan on anything much bigger in tire size than what i got.

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
make sure you take out that top bolt.

if you already havent, go outside, air up, and look under the fender, it's directly above your tire. take that bolt out because it'll tear up your tires big time.
there's one on each side, so 2 bolts total when you're done, the rest dont rub so much.

·
Registered
12,215 Posts
Mine BARELY rubbed.. Like only when draggin, and it wasn't enough to really cause any trouble.. No smoke or anything, I could just hear it.. So I just hit it with a hammer to move it up just a tad bit. I think I removed a bolt.. I'd have to look, it's been awhile.

And my tire is less than 25" tall.. Like 24.97" i believe..

·
I'm back
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rcmaniac said:
Mine BARELY rubbed.. Like only when draggin, and it wasn't enough to really cause any trouble.. No smoke or anything, I could just hear it.. So I just hit it with a hammer to move it up just a tad bit. I think I removed a bolt.. I'd have to look, it's been awhile.

And my tire is less than 25" tall.. Like 24.97" i believe..
thanks man, i feel better knowing that somone else has dont it too, and yeah my tires are small. There 215/50R16

1 - 20 of 25 Posts