S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
http://www.vicbaggers.com
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got them in (BTW Thanx Jason :) :thumbup: for getting them here so Quick)

I want to use 1/2" steel braided line. It doesn`t look like I will be able to. Unless I use the shock bolt hole. Does anyone have the uppers just floating? On my Ranger both my upper/lowers floated & I never had a problem.

I can`t use a 90 out the hole, because the JIC 90 is taller than a reg DOT 90.

How exactly does the upper mount go it? Does the port hole goes towards the tire or frame. I`m guess if it goes towards the frame, could I just make a new hole?

any suggestions? Thanx

Its on a 89 Blazer BTW

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
What you could do.(Not many People like this idea But it works)

Drill a hole in the side of the upper cup, and run a 90degree fitting and then run the line in though the hole. I am gonna do it this way on my truck.. Cause I am running my line down may framerails and this makes it easy.

·
!! TALK NOW !!
4,910 Posts
I have the hole closer to the frame. And. Both mine are free floating. No problems. Except when I jack my truck up, just make sure they are in the right spot when you let the jack down. I have my air line coming out my shock mount hole. No problems.
Ant

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
99xtreme said:
What you could do.(Not many People like this idea But it works)

Drill a hole in the side of the upper cup, and run a 90degree fitting and then run the line in though the hole. I am gonna do it this way on my truck.. Cause I am running my line down may framerails and this makes it easy.
:stupid: that's how mine are plumbed. i ran the line through the frame and it doesn't move anywhere at all and it's safe from flying objects and engine heat.

·
Some Day
5,605 Posts
hey exactly

what we did with mine, was take a sawsall..... well first look at jays cups they arent welded the whole way around, well if you put the airline hole towards the engine and your on the driver side look at where the weld stops and begins on the side towards the back.... Well cut the cylinder part with a zawsall down to the plate right after where the one weld stops and right before the other one starts.... perfect opening for any airline with a 90 degree fitting leading it right down the frame..... if you look at the cups you will know what I mean.

·
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SlammedDime said:
Or you could cut a hole in the top of the spring pocket and run the line straight out the top of the cup and pocket.

This how I did it on my Ranger..

I thought of that, but the way it looks that piece that of the upper arm that goes across (I don`t know whats its called) where the shims are is in the way. I`m not exact;y sure how far towards the engine on the frame I can go.

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
MOst guys go right next to the shock hole.

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
sorry to whore your thread....ok so if you have jasons front bag cups on the driver side...(top cup) the bag port hole should be closest to the motor and the long bolt that goes through the shock hole should be closest the tire...this is the driver side....

ok the driver side bottom cup has 2 bolts welded on the bottoms that bolt into the bottom shock bracket.....the 2 bolts are offset so are the bolts supposed to be closeest the tire or the other way closer to the motor?? i wanna go ahead and drill the hole in the side of my cups and have most all the little thinsg done so i can get the truck in the shop and out asap...i allready have my tank,valves,power,grounds,switch box,airlines,guage lines..already done...all i lack is takeing the front loose and swapping the coils for the bags and cutting the pockets....will weld the relocatros on shortly after getting the front put back together...im hoping to take no more than 5 hours to cut the pockets,connct the pre ran airlines,bolt in the bags, and put it back together...sound reasonable???

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Or you can get a pair of cups from him startin tomorrow with pre-laser-cut holes for the airline :p

·
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cab said:
Or you can get a pair of cups from him startin tomorrow with pre-laser-cut holes for the airline :p
Mine are that way already..but the fact is the JIC fitting is too big to use that way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts