S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
the lower i go the more she likes it
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i just installed my intake and TB spacer and when i rev my engine i hear a "psssst" sound. So i took that as my intake working. But also as i'm driving i can hear a high pitched whistle, sometimes when i hit the gas. Is that my TB spacer working properly or is something not installed and/or tightened enough?

Any feedback would help me out alot.

thanks, Kurt

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
The whistling you hear is the throttle body spacer. At idle it make make a slight sound.. Are you running the 2.2 or 4.3. 4.3 and you could have saved yourself the cost of the spacer....All you'll get is maybe 1 mpg more and a lot of "MENTAL" Horsepower...

·
Registered
11 Posts
xtremelylow said:
yeah, i have a 2.2, so the sound is the Spacer, thanks alot.

Kurt
is this worth it? and where ya get it, and how much?

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i can tell that there is a difference with it, and i got it at summit racing, it was $79.95. I think anyway give or take ten bucks. But its still pretty damn cheap.

Kurt

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yea. I got mine from Summitt and it works pretty good for me. I did notice the difference from it after I installed it. I know thw 2.2 isn't much but it did pick it up a little. Does anybody know who makes a header for a 2000 and where can i get one? Thanks

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, STS sells headers. I'm not sure how much they going for but they just came out for the 2.2L, i hope this helped you out.
Kurt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts