S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone suggested to use when filling the cab seem lines.

I was thinking about avoiding welding because i can't, and well it's not that big of a groove. I do have somebody that will weld it up for me if I want.

·
Awesome User
10,442 Posts
1st gen I'm guessing? I've filled the seems on the side with bondo, but I haven't driven it yet.. and its been done about 5 weeks, and I dunno how its gonna do, its been sitting in the garage since its been done, but I don't see why it would hurt just to fill it...

·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea its a first gen.

I'm just going to fill the seems not the sides or anything, but maybe they should be welded up. I don't want it to end up cracking.

·
former title junky mod
6,494 Posts
I think if everyone would just learn that bondo (body filler) doesnt mold or fill dents the world would be a much better place. Body filler shouldnt be over 1/8 in thick if at all possilbe (1/4) at the most and it shouldnt be put anywhere where there is flex (like molding). It is made to smooth out a surface and get hammer/pull marks out after you hammer or pull a dent as close to back as you can.

·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't planing on using bondo, they have this other stuff, some type of fiberglass filler...i can't remember what it's called.

If not i'll just get it welded up.

·
Slam-I-Am Member
2,002 Posts
sonar said:
I wasn't planing on using bondo, they have this other stuff, some type of fiberglass filler...i can't remember what it's called.

If not i'll just get it welded up.
you are refering to kitty hair, it is a fiberglass mixture with the hair chopped up in it,
I say weld it, do it once and never have to worry with it again

good luck
TJ

·
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tjputerboy said:
you are refering to kitty hair, it is a fiberglass mixture with the hair chopped up in it,
I say weld it, do it once and never have to worry with it again

good luck
TJ
I was thinking about duraglass I think thats what its called.

But i want it to last so it's gonna get welded.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Just an idea that I heard about but don't know anything about it. A product called metal to metal? I think it is some kind of compound that you put on it and it welds the metal together and grind it down. Again I don't know for sure, just a thought

1 - 15 of 15 Posts