S-10 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This could be a stupid question and it probablly is but no harm in askin. I wanna swap out my 2nd gen corner lenses and headlights for an envoy set-up. my question is how hard is it, is it a pretty straight up switch and how hard is it to line up everything, with the hood and all...thanx guys

·
-------------
2,760 Posts
If you are talking about the S-series Envoy then the lights are a direct swap. you will just need to find a spot for the balast if they are the HIDs. I have a s10 but right now it has a Bravada front end on it and all of those parts bolted up in about 15 mins with no modifications to my truck or the parts. The headlights are not exactly the same as the envoy ones but are basically the same size and shape. Just keep in mind you are either going to need to make a filler piece or also swap out the bumper because if you install them with a S10 bumper there will be about a 2" gap under the lights and about an inch under the grill.

I hope this helps.

Just for giggles here is a pic of my truck.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_JGPaQUjiG_A/S7tGjXQz0bI/AAAAAAAAAKI/U_2kvU2m7BY/s400/PRE_2010-03-21-144758.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thats pretty much exactly what i needed thanx bro, do u know by chance if the s-series envoy come in all clear lenses if so any ideas where i could pick some up at

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to get these headlights on my truck my questions are. where can i find some i think there envoy headlights but im not even sure. And how hard of a swap is it really.

·
-------------
2,760 Posts
yeah thats pretty much exactly what i needed thanx bro, do u know by chance if the s-series envoy come in all clear lenses if so any ideas where i could pick some up at

This is exactly what an envoy front end looks like with the HID lights.

If you want ones that are all clear then you either have to dissassemble them and remove the amber reflector your self or buy a pair that someone has already done that. If you want HID envoy lights they are going to be expensive. I think the cheapest that I have ever seen them go for was like $160 for a pair with no bulbs or balast. On the other hand if you want lights like the ones on my truck you can find those pretty cheap if you look around. The Bravada lights that I have are the exact same as, Jimmy, Sonoma and non HID Envoy lights and I think I paid like $40 for the pair.

The swap really is crazy easy.

Just slide up and remove the two tabs on the back of the core support and the headlights come right out. then just unplug the bulbs.
Next pop the grill off. Just start at one side and firmly pull on it and it will pop off then work your way across untill the whole thing is off. Then just unplug the signal lights which are attached to the grille.

Then just reattach the new lights with all four bulbs and put them right in the same place that was originally holding the stock headlights. slide the tabs back on and then pop the new grille in.

If you are doing the bumper too I think there are like 6 bolts that hold it on. Just unbolt it and bolt the new one on right in it's place.

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
I would like to get these headlights on my truck my questions are. where can i find some i think there envoy headlights but im not even sure. And how hard of a swap is it really.
swap is cake. everything goes on the same way the stock front end does. same clips and they use the same holes. ony thing different is the high beam bulbs in the envoy lights
just did the envoy nose on mine this yr. still gotta paint cover and install lower billet but i love it as is for now

·
waiting on a miracle ...
34 Posts
what about a 95 s10 i heard you have to change the core support ....is that right,,,,i want to do this to my 95 s10 ext cab...........

·
SCR3W3D & CHOPP3D
825 Posts
does anybody know where u can find the fog lights at? i need a set also want the billet grille too
I bought all my billet and fogs of ebay from these sellers..

Fogs
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DIRECT-REPLACEMENT-FOG-LIGHT-DRIVING-LAMP-CLEAR-LENS-RH-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZYearQ3a1998Q7cSubmodelQ3aEnvoyQQhashZitem5643e49b51QQitemZ370506242897QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Billet for the envoy bumper
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-2000-GMC-ENVOY-BUMPER-BILLET-GRILLE-GRILL-T-REX-/350322086039?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5190d2d097

And theres a couple sets of envoy headlights on ebay but they really expensive. Best bet is to check your local junkyards, I just got two envoy headlights at mine for under a $100.

And heres a pic of mine with stock cleared sonoma headlights..

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've just order a set of the HID lights for $180 shipped with blasters. Was told that they work. will see when I get them. So the HID lights just hook right up? How do you hook up the fog lights?

I'm almost done with my parts. I have,

grill
reinforcement bumper
HID lights

All I need is the bumper cover, I found one but the guy won't ship it >!<
Then just the billet parts and fog lights,

I see that the link to the fog light cost $40 just for one! CRAZY!!

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
my swap since i cleaned it up. look better now?
took them apart, removed the inner amber lense and resealed, wet sanded the head lights for quite a while then a quick buff and they cleared right up. could use a bit more along with the fog lights which are next cuz theyre original from 98 and in worse shape then the headlight originally were. I took front off the bagged truck since shes stored for the winter and been rocking it on my every day 98 truck for the fall for a lil while. adjusting is still a bit neccesary tho :)~

·
Registered
10,370 Posts
No they can't. NO ONE makes these headlights in aftermarket. They're probably ordering the new body style Envoy 2002+

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I been checking around and found out that LKQ can order these assemblies!!! $110 each brand new aftermarket part.

Will be picking these up soon.

Lol yea I don't think so buddy...

·
Throw some D's
459 Posts
Sorry yea, you're right damn bastards lied to me. I knew it didn't sound right and got high hopes.

I feel really stupid right now, sorry guys =\

(Thanks LKQ for causing me to make an ass out of myself) See them going for $300 each on ebay, fuk that. Just go ahead with my retro for that :)

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
^^ LOL. its all good you'renot the first

1 - 17 of 17 Posts