S-10 Forum banner

Question about coils and 3" vs 4" or 5" drop.

944 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  manbearpig 
#1 ·
I'm stuck on the front drop. I have pretty much everything in my cart and I'm ready to pull the trigger; for reference I have a 1988 RCSB 2wd.

I'm definitely going with drop spindles, I just can't make up my mind on what size coils to use. Most of the components I have picked out are Belltech, they have two different sets of springs. You can either get the 1" drop Coil Spring set part # 4200 or their Pro Coil Spring Set part # 23225 which will do either a 2" or 3" drop.

My concern is if I go with the Pro coils and find out 4" is too much I'm stuck. On the flip side, I don't want to spend $130 on 1" drop coils, later decide I want to go lower and then spend another $140 on lower coils.
Ideally the 1" drop coils would be either 1" or 2", that way if I decide I'm not happy with a 3" drop I can pull the spacer and go to 4".

I chose the Nitro Drop 2 shocks instead of the Street Performance because I REALLY don't care about handling, but would prefer a comfortable ride. I'm not doing this for performance reasons, mostly aesthetics.

#2 ·
Reducing your suspension travel (which is what happens when you lower via springs) is generally going to make your ride worse. Your suspension will hit the bump stops more quickly. If you are set on lowering springs then either the 1" springs from Belltech or the factory ZQ8 springs (1.5" drop) would be the best choice.

Reactions: Wingus
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.