S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Guys

I have a 86 S10 that will be back from the body shop in a week.
She's having some body work done and and fresh coat of paint.

Other then that she's pretty stock.

I was thinking of getting some clear bumper/clear front corner lenses.

The truck is going to be a metalic shadow blue and the bumber will be painted black so Im postive that the front side of the truck will look ok.

Where I start having second thoughts is with the rear tail light clear lenses.

I think that one's like these would not look good since my truck is so stock.
http://www.4customrides.com/cgi-bin/4customrides/view_detail.html?mv_arg=90067

On the other hand I think these would look ok.
http://www.4customrides.com/cgi-bin/4customrides/view_detail.html?mv_arg=18132
But then I noticed that there not street legal.
I live in Canada are they street legal here?

If all else fails do you think it would look stupid to have the clears in the front, but the stocks in the back?

Thanks!

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
ok, I don't know about the laws in Canada, but I can fill you in on the laws here in the US, to be street legal, a vehicle has to have an orance/amber reflector up front on the sides, and then out back it has to have red reflectors facing both to the sides and to the back of the vehicle....

as for the clears, I think they'd look ok IMO, but I also think that with a dark truck either carbon fiber or smoked clears would look better...

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
personally, out of the two taillite that you posted, i like the euro style better. but like what psycho says, go with a darker taillite, maybe a carbonfiber euro, smoked clear, or even a black tinted euro. trust me i have a black truck with the regular euro and i looks ricey.

as for the front, you gotta have the orange reflector on the side. although, i've had the clear corners on for over six months now, and the cops haven't said a word. not bad considering i work right next door to a cop shop.

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
Well..were 2 start. I like the euro taillights. I've seen them on a newer S-10 (dark blue paint) and I think that they looked really good!!!! I also live in Canada, and I have the clear lenses and I've never had problems with the cops(most of them are to stupid to know that they are illegal). The only thing I would recommend is that if you got the clear corners get some coloured bulbs, that way when your lights are on the legal colours are being emitted(just to cover your ass, you can always play dumb).

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you guys think it would look if I just put the clears in the lower bumper, and left the corner, and tailgate ones stock?

·
32,797 Posts
It looks okay with clears up front and stocks in the back. Both of my trucks (see pic below) have it like that.

I found out its to much trouble to have clears in the rear. Cops (out in L.A. at least) pull you over for them too much. It's not worth it, cause the a-hole ones then search the entire vehicle for anything they can ticket.

IMO, clears and eruos are getting played out, everyone has them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts