S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The truck I'm looking at has just been painted . The paint name was something that started with a "p", it was a 3 letter name. After searching around a bit, I found one called PPG. I believe this is the name of the paint used. The roof had not been painted and it matched perfectly with the rest of the truck, so it seems they went back with the original color.(a dark blue) My ? is , the truck looks very very nice right now, but is this brand of paint known to last, is it a good durable paint? Whomever put it on did an excellent job, I'm just trying to find out if it will stay that way.Thanks for your help.

K

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
oh definately, ppg is know for good quality. they are even a few OEM'S primary paint supplier

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
PPG is da chit. That is what I spray every day of my life. If you are gonna buy a truck that has been painted with PPG it will last longer than the factory job if done correctly.

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
Slamed93noma said:
I like/use Acrylic Enamel paints
Its not the 80s anymore dude. ;)

·
FATBOY
247 Posts
PPG is the SHIT, I've never used anything else

·
Registered
26 Posts
i have used ppg, sherwin williams, and the croma kind (cant remember the whole name.) i found that ppg doesnt seam to hold up to the other two. that is just my opion but all body shops that i have been to around in a 20 mile radius of my house' none use ppg. but it all probably depends where you are from and the weather conditions in your area. i like sherwin williams the best out of them because it goes on really smoth and not easy to make runs specially for beginners.

·
PPG Sprayin Minitrucker
1,038 Posts
getlow said:
i have used ppg, sherwin williams, and the croma kind (cant remember the whole name.) i found that ppg doesnt seam to hold up to the other two. that is just my opion but all body shops that i have been to around in a 20 mile radius of my house' none use ppg. but it all probably depends where you are from and the weather conditions in your area. i like sherwin williams the best out of them because it goes on really smoth and not easy to make runs specially for beginners.
I dont know about anybody else but I don't want to paint my car with a company that has makes primairly house paint.(Sherman Williams). And about the run thing. You must not have painted verymuch. Cause give me anything and I will make it run. The way the paint turns out smooth is because of the applyer. I could make any paint look good but that doesn't mean its gonna last.

And the Croma, is Chroma base, or Chroma clear. It is a line of Dupont.

And alot of the reason alot of small shops use Sherman Williams is because it is cheaper. Therefore less money into development and less money spent on quality solvents and materials. Wich in turn means most likely not gonna last more than 2 or 3 years.

Just my 2 cents......
Just my profession...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts