S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I have a 86 Regular cab with an bench seat.

Just what exactly is involed in adding bucket seats?

I'd probally get them out of a 90 to 93 jimmy/blazer.

Would i have to drill any holes etc?

Thanks!

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
yeah i just installed some in my 92 from a 88 blazer and the 2 outside holes bolt right up but you will have to drill 4holes the 2 inside holes on each seat track and just put bolts up from the bottom using a good sized washer so it wont pull through the floor and level the seats out with washers if you have too

·
True Ambition
3,527 Posts
Seat Install

I have a 2000 Sonoma and installed two buckets from a Hyundia Accent. I had factory buckets but am 6'2" and needed some more room.

I pulled them from a junk yard here for $30.00 for booth! I am going to get them recovered in tweed. I alos didnt like the factory seat position so i took the bolts out and jsut redrilled to install my new seats.

They are in and working fine. If you do do it though you may need a new carpet. Mine has holes in it from the factory bolts but it is also going to be covered in tweed so it is no matter.

The is alot more room now for my legs and a center console......Hope this helps!!

Fiend Out! :evilg: :evilg:

LowTech

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have an '89 reg. cab that had a bench. I got seats out of a sunfire and seat tracks from a blazer. The tracks bolt right up to the seat as if they were made for it and the seats sit level in the truck. Just as above, outsides lined right up and I drilled holes for the insides. On the front inside holes I had to bend the end of the rail down at an angle to the floor to have a place to mount it (my floor has a curve there even though the carpet doesn't). I'd sugest pulling out the carpet so you can see exactly what you have to work with when drilling the holes. It takes a little longer but is worth it, also the drill bit gets wrapped up in the insulation under the carpet if you leave it in. If you take it out then just get the holes where they need to be in the floor pan, put carpet back, find where bolts are coming through and use a razor blade to cut a small X for the bolts to come through. Good luck, Kenny.

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
i have my 91 and i got trans am seats from an older model, and they didn't line up so ill end up just going to a j yard and pulling seats out of a pontiac fiero (i think thats how its spelled) i heard they fit right on and sit nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts