S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So I followed this guide https ://www .s10forum .com/threads/how-to-remove-delete-smog-pump.430782/
to delete the smog pump, and now the truck is running way too rich. I saw that someone else had the same issue but it was never resolved. The truck ran perfectly fine before the smog pump died and the only thing I did was what was stated in the guide. Anyone ever have this issue? And what’d you do to resolve it? Because I am at a loss. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Been there Done it
10,112 Posts
Deleting the smog pump likely made you aware of the fact it's running rich. With it on the additional air pumped into the exhaust helped burn the rich exhaust so that you didn't notice it. Now that it's gone you need to find out why it's getting too much fuel. Bad O2 sensor, bad CTS, TBI issue,???

·
Registered
30 Posts
Deleting the smog pump likely made you aware of the fact it's running rich. With it on the additional air pumped into the exhaust helped burn the rich exhaust so that you didn't notice it. Now that it's gone you need to find out why it's getting too much fuel. Bad O2 sensor, bad CTS, TBI issue,???
Change E-PROM to non AIS system truck .The system is cal diff for AIS

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,143 Posts
Change E-PROM to non AIS system truck .The system is cal diff for AIS
I'm guessing that if the op has a rich condition and doesn't know how to fix it, I'd say he doesn't know what an AIS system truck is...neither do I. Can you spell it out for us?

·
Been there Done it
10,112 Posts
You were in the Coast Guard and never dealt with AIS?
Similar to, but as secure as IFF.

The United States Coast Guard describes an Automatic Identification System as follows:
Picture a shipboard radar display, with overlaid electronic chart data, that includes a mark for every significant ship within radio range, each as desired with a velocity vector (indicating speed and heading). Each ship “mark” could reflect the actual size of the ship, with position to GPS or differential GPS accuracy. By “clicking” on a ship mark, you could learn the ship name, course and speed, classification, call sign, registration number, MMSI, and other information.
Maneuvering information, closest point of approach (CPA), time to closest point of approach (TCPA) and other navigation information, more accurate and more timely than information available from an automatic radar plotting aid, could also be available. Display information previously available only to modern Vessel Traffic Service operations centers could now be available to every AIS-equipped ship.
With this information, you could call any ship over VHF radiotelephone by name, rather than by “ship off my port bow” or some other imprecise means. Or you could dial it up directly using GMDSS equipment. Or you could send to the ship, or receive from it, short safety-related email messages.The AIS is a shipboard broadcast system that acts like a transponder, operating in the VHF maritime band, that is capable of handling well over 4,500 reports per minute and updates as often as every two seconds. It uses Self-Organizing Time Division Multiple Access (SOTDMA) technology to meet this high broadcast rate and ensure reliable ship-to-ship operation.
I think smogfix meant SAI Secondary Air Injection. Like the 99+ have. You know the little air pump that gets water in it and burns up. But that only runs in open loop.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,143 Posts
You were in the Coast Guard and never dealt with AIS?
Similar to, but as secure as IFF.

The United States Coast Guard describes an Automatic Identification System as follows:

I think smogfix meant SAI Secondary Air Injection. Like the 99+ have. You know the little air pump that gets water in it and burns up. But that only runs in open loop.
The technology we had was WWII on a lot of things. The only radar we had that was up to date was our air search radar in CIC. We used that to keep track of air traffic between the mainland and Hawaii, and Hawaii and points in the Far East. Gotta remember...I served from '69-'75.

·
Been there Done it
10,112 Posts
Gotta remember...I served from '69-'75.
I got out in 69. I know what you mean. We had C&K rations in tins from 44 and 45.
Received my first weapons training on M1 Carbines. Then one day I was handed a black plastic rifle. "Use this it works better" was the extent of my training on that thing.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,143 Posts
We had limited long guns on board...M1's. They were mainly used for shark watches when we had swim call. I think they replaced them with the Evil Black Rifle when they went to Vietnam, then took them away when they returned.

We seemed to get a lot of the Navy hand-me-downs...lol

56485704_10215724290234766_5904773278228021248_n.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts