S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. So after many reads and searches on quad beam mod. I found many of the posts were dead end. Or ended with people saying search above. Well i never could find a how to or post that had instructions that actually worked. if you had diasbaled the DRL.
So about and hour of time i figured this out myself.
you’ll need a really and one fuse holder of your choice with a 10 amp Fuse. About 36“ of wire. your choice of color
pin
87 will go to the low beam yellow wire.
85 fused wire to high beam green/white wire
30 to chassis ground
86 to high beam purple wire
87a is not used
I mounted the relay and fuse behind core support in front of the air box. Can Mount this where ever you’d like
I used but connectors and quality heat shrinks that have glue in them. Put everything back together
should work on 98+ trucks.
I have a 2003 exit cab
verify the wire colors before starting. This is at your risk. But works perfectly for me.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn’t get a pic of the relay wired. I have it all sealed up now. I figured exact relay pin out was good enough as well as exact wire colors

·
Been there Done it
7,547 Posts
How would you do it if you wanted to keep DRL and AHL? Just wanted to have all 4 on when you hit the high beams w/o disabling anything else.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How would you do it if you wanted to keep DRL and AHL? Just wanted to have all 4 on when you hit the high beams w/o disabling anything else.
There are many many many posts on here that answer that question. Just ground the yellow wire off the low beam. Splice it to a ground. Yellow wire. Not the yellow with black tracer

·
Banned
330 Posts
Bad info, grounding the low beams will put the low beam circuit on all the time. Both of you guys, google is your friend. Wiring in a relay is a waste of time for quad beams

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bad info, grounding the low beams will put the low beam circuit on all the time. Both of you guys, google is your friend. Wiring in a relay is a waste of time for quad beams
Please don’t fill my thread with Mis information. This is the biggest problem when searching for this mod. Grounding the low beam yellow will not put the low
Beams on all the time. It will however re enable the DRL if you have previously disabled them. The relay is needed as posted if you want to maintain the disabled DRL and have quad beam.

·
Administrator
22,355 Posts
Please don’t fill my thread with Mis information. This is the biggest problem when searching for this mod. Grounding the low beam yellow will not put the low
Beams on all the time. It will however re enable the DRL if you have previously disabled them. The relay is needed as posted if you want to maintain the disabled DRL and have quad beam.

This is where pics of the mod and the results will go a long way.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is where pics of the mod and the results will go a long way.
The pics and video are posted above Well had tried to post video but site wouldn’t upload it. Exact instructions are however listed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts