S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the xm skyfi reciever unit and im buying an xm ready pioneer from my friend. can i still use the reciever with the cd player or should i just use the cd player.

·
Registered
432 Posts
well if you want to use the skyfi at home too i would keep it , otherwise if you get the xm direct for pioneer you have to pay the service fee for that and the skyfi. if you use the skyfi you can buy the adapter on ebay that has rca inputs on it for about $20, then use an rca to mini jack cable and plug it in.

·
Mobile Audio Junkie...
434 Posts
Anarch1st said:
i have the xm skyfi reciever unit and im buying an xm ready pioneer from my friend. can i still use the reciever with the cd player or should i just use the cd player.
You would still have to buy the tuner for the Pioneer to use the XM through the HU. The only advantage to buying the tuner is you'd get to control it through the HU instead of the skyfi. But you already have the skyfi, so why buy another tuner?

·
Nice Jorb
3,146 Posts
Where do you put the antenna?? I'd rather not put it on my roof. I mean, I just shaved the 3rd brake light and I'd rather not put something else in it's place....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts