S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a beauty a little while ago and she didn't have any wiring connected to the cigarette lighter below the stereo. I have never done this before so wanted to know where the heck to put wires in thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
12 gauge wire to the fuse panel with a 10 - 15 amp fuse inline. tap into a lug that is always hot. if the mounting point of the lighter is not metal you'll need to ground it also with 12 gauge wire.

·
Boozebag
10,465 Posts
This truck should have had a lighter or 12 Volt socket
Any pix of the dash where it should go?
If someone eliminated it, unless they hacked it out, you may still find the hot wire behind the radio panel.

·
Registered
177 Posts
This truck should have had a lighter or 12 Volt socket
Any pix of the dash where it should go?
If someone eliminated it, unless they hacked it out, you may still find the hot wire behind the radio panel.
And likely still hot. As the hot wire is always hot, OP will want to investigate sooner than later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
283 Posts
I bought a beauty a little while ago and she didn't have any wiring connected to the cigarette lighter below the stereo. I have never done this before so wanted to know where the heck to put wires in thanks.
Correct 12v+ connector is the female bullet (dangling under the dash) that slides over threaded male lighter stem........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts