S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im puttin 3inch drop leafs on the back of my 2001 S10. i was wondering if you have to drop the gas tank to get one of leaf bolts out? my firend said you probly would i figured this is the place to find out. THANKS

·
Thanks For Your Support
3,647 Posts
I have seen folks put a dent in the tank next to the bolt. Not sure that's a real good idea though.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
I have seen folks put a dent in the tank next to the bolt. Not sure that's a real good idea though.
just heat it up with a OA torch to get the tank material soft then pound it.

no, not really. dont do it

·
Registered
318 Posts
good question... I will be doing the very same thing very soon hopefully... what size bolt should I buy before I tear it apart and not have another vehicle to run to the store!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Dude... do yourself a favor, make sure you have replacement bolts before you start. Get your hands on a breaker bar, a sawzall, and a 5 pound sledge. You will need these. Then make sure you have your axle supported before you start rippin shit apart.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
make sure you get a grade 8 bolt. you dont want a cheap bolt to shear off and ruin your truck. one time i was at the junkyard i found a frame that was stripped so i got all 4 spring bolts just to have as spares :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts