S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PUT THE new air ride 2nd genereation air bar in sweeeet!!!
fast, rides real good also. take off and hooks a lot better

22 3/4 aired out with 295 50 15 and a 2 inch block

gonna do the front next weekend

26 3/4 aired up

tony

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here is a pic of it layed out. like i said teh 2nd generation has a bigger bar on the axle which hits the bed sooner. it lays really low. 22 3/4 with the braket hitting the bottom of the bed. i still have 1.5 inches before i bottom out on the bumpstop so it will lay really low.

right now with 295 50 15 tires in back they rub when i fully lay it out, im gettin 265 50 16 next week the 295s are goneee

now onto the install it was just time consuming. i still have to go threw the bolts retighten everything and then i saw some of the fittings had small leaks im gonna teflon tape it again and tighten it up. the front will be done next weekend.

the install was pretty basic but with new systems you run into problems
1) the bracket that attaches the link to the front crossmember didnt wrap around the frame right. on mine the backside of the frame has a lump on the bar facing out so we could not get the bracket to sit right, sooo i cut the two locators on the bracket and matched it with the holes and in back had to cut a little hole in the frame so the bracket could fit and we were set
2) up top the new crossmemeber has a little spot to put your brake line from the front. well mine didnt reach even if i bended ti stratight so i just looped it up top over the crossmember and taped it up and its fine
3) the shocks!! i had to put them upside down in to make them fit because of the fittings. the other way they would not go onto the bottom mount because they had the sleeve inside the shock bushing and it wouldnt fit the bolt on the bottom of the lower crossmember. so we just flipped it upside down and works fine. ill have to flip it around and push it out on my vice but rides sooo sweet.
4) last but not least ill have to cut my brake lines down in back from the main unit to the drums.. still works but a little to long

overall great kit i drovce 110 miles back home and besides busting a hose (which happened beacuse the steel braided line was to small and still leaked so we just put a 1/2 inch line dot line) but me and my dumb ass was dropping it and stuff on the way home on some civic and the line got to hot and busted so just pulled over called billy from ema customs that helped me put it in and got a new line and was set to go home but i have to order a new stell line)

as i said in this pic the 295 50 15 are rubbing and im going to sell them wiht 265 50 15 ill be fine. the bracket is touching the frame so once i cut the bed ill have another 1.5-2 inches of drop

Attachments

·
BLAZIN SADDLE
1,394 Posts
Thats LOW it look real GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

3-Billet Bowtie
4-255/45/18 Pirelli Zero's on HALO rims
5-Boston Acoustics speakers in doors/dash
6-Pioneer 6x9's in the back seat area
7-K&N GEN II
8-FlowMaster 40series with 2 1/4 pipe Magnaflow SS tip
9-2/3 DROP with Belltech Spindles and Blocks
10-Poweraid Spacer
11-Removed MAF Screen
12-JL amp and one 10” JL subwoofer
13-SS mirrors WHITE, matching handles
14-Shaved Emblems
15- HPPIII

And a list one mile long

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill take more pics later this week. im kinda upset rained when i was coming home and truck is all dirty. im gonna clean it up and spray paint the bottom again and stuff make it clean. also need to take the valves out and teflon tape a few and get it ready for next weekend

tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts