S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I put 30x9.5 on my 2000 s-10 4x4 last week. I had already added leafs a few weeks ago, then the night before I had the tires mounted I cranked the torsion bars, got about 1.5" out of the torsion bars even after I backed off from all the way cranked. The front end is stiffer but not outrageous. I had Dayton Timberline A/T's put on. Good looking set of tires,, I've never seen any comparison tests with these tires, but I've heard nothing but good things about them... I can feel a slight bit of exceleration loss. a few tough shifts from 2nd to 3rd (automatic trans) and to many overdrive shifts at highway speed.. Not sure if I'l do anything about that.. I haven't messed with any performance add-on yet, so maybe after bumping up the hp with exhaust and few other things, those problems will go away... all in all I gained 3 inches (ok 2 7/8") of height in the front and a bit more in the back from everything I did. I'll have to take a pic and post it on here....

·
Registered
51 Posts
I live in Perry actually Same difference though

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have to assume you had the stock 235/75 15 before. if you want to fix the shifting,speedo and power loss. you should probably go with new gears and a hpp3.

·
******* Off-Road
1,047 Posts
I've been running 30x9.50s on mine with no lift. And I'm 2wd. About to go higher for 31x12.50s:rock: :rock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts