S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Asphault Assasin
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, first of all dont jump down my throat it isnt my idea! My neighbor from back home called me in texas and asked me if it was possible to put his S on hydraulics!?!?!? i have no idea..he says M.I.C. sells a full kit for like $1100 and he wants to do it...he wants my advice so i told him ill look into it. Does anyone know if the MIC kit really has everyhting you need? is it a really tough job? how much to have a custom shop do it? is he just a moron for even suggesting it??? Please help me help him....trust me we both need it! thanx alot peoples

·
Registered
224 Posts
of course...

you can do it. The MIC kit is pretty complete. It is fairly difficult, and if you don't have experience, don't even attempt it. A shop will hit you anywheres from 1500(minimum, unless its a sh-t shop) to 2500, depending on valves, solenoids, how many lines and wiring, batteries, etc. My question is your buddys intent fo the truck. Does he want the MIC hydro kt because he thinks it's a cheap way to get fast up ad down, does he plan on hopping it or? The kit they sell will need to be modified if he wants to hop it at all, as it doesn't come with the springs, retainers and otherstuff. Why doesn't he just look into a fast bag kit. It will cost a little more p front, but a moron could install them, and they will ride better and be more dependable. Ask him what he wants to do with the truck, and then go from there.

·
Asphault Assasin
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he said he wants to do hydro because of 3 wheel motion, he has a 84 caddy that he wants to do also but he is lookin to do his truck first(caddilac is in rough shape) he doesnt do to much showing off but i would imagine he would want to hop it sometimes, but i know 3 wheel ,otion is really important. and another thing wht makes the hydraulics go up and down...ive worked on different hydraulic arms and stuff for like machines that obviously move alot slower but i have never seen a car on hydro, u know where i can go for some hydro suspension pics?? thanx i know i ask alot of questions

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmmm

if he wants to do 3 wheel, that kit wont even come close to cutting it. I don't know where to go for pics like that, but i can tellyou hes going to be looking at morelike 3000 and up for asuspension that complicated.

·
Asphault Assasin
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats interesting

well i must say you have been most helpful and i will tell him that he is crazy... i am also gonna suggest 'baggin it because it seems easier, what bag kit do you recomend?

·
Just Call Me Dick
305 Posts
to be honest i would rather have switches then bags. my friend has an 87 blazer w/ 6" body drop on switches and it rides better then most trucks with bags. and it is about the same to put switches or bags on your truck cause u r doing the exact same work to it either way. also try reds for prices on hydros. they make most hydros that r on the market

·
Asphault Assasin
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool

i will look into it, i am far away from baggin or hydro for my s but im he will be happy to know all the info, and it cant hurt for me to remember it either:thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts