S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2ManyS10's
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deffitly think it was worth the $40. bucks...Truck pulls a better and has much better throttle response now...Its not no crazy diffrence like a power adder but u get what im saying...

I put this in my Sonoma 97 4.3 LF6...

I Suggest u put one on ur truck if ur looking for some cheap power...

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
Yes it was a pretty good mod in my opinion...defintely not the best but good

·
2ManyS10's
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
j_gor78 said:
Yes it was a pretty good mod in my opinion...defintely not the best but good
Im glad u agree...Thanks...My next mod is 3 Chamber Flowmaster with 2-1/2 inch piping...Will see how that works out 4 me...

·
Kramerica Industries
342 Posts
i_gor, did you notice any more improvement when you installed the MSD 6A?

I was considering overhauling my ignition...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
MSD's and the likes improve throttle respond some and raise the gas mileage up a little. The money spent on one will pay itself back in about 3-4 years by the difference of 1-2 MPG's.
Anyone changing coils that sees a difference in how it runs merely had a bad coil, even a stock replacement would have had the same results, dont think the MSD coil did that alone! 2000 volts if its even that aint gonna improve anything really when it takes much less voltage for a proper firing, but a leaking coil will kill you!

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
The 6a won't make you go faster if that is what you are thinking but it is a good mod if you are considering forced induction!! It definetly makes your truck run better...smoother

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
can you just put it on by itself?

dont have to upgrade anything else?

sounds like a worthwhile mod esp. being only $40......

·
Quad-Turbocharged Blazer
1,840 Posts
Which one did u buy? Do u have a model #? Did you need the GM double-harness they sell on ebay?

·
2ManyS10's
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In my 97 i just put a Coil in...In my 94 i put a GM Blaster Coil and a MSD 6AL box in and i did feel a real big improvment...In Power and Gas milage...
And when i did install it i used the MSD Box harness...Didnt wana hack up the ingintion wires...

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
BlackS10SS said:
In my 97 i just put a Coil in...In my 94 i put a GM Blaster Coil and a MSD 6AL box in and i did feel a real big improvment...In Power and Gas milage...
And when i did install it i used the MSD Box harness...Didnt wana hack up the ingintion wires...
same. i did an MSD 6AL and a MSD GM coil with a harness. idels real smooth now.

·
2ManyS10's
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The coild goes back right inplace of the stock GM fatory coil...Uses that same fatory barackets...Alos uses all factor harnesses...Take u about 20-30 mins to do...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts