S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a couple weeks back about blowing my ENG1 fuse. It's on a '95 S10, 4.3L TBI, auto.

I still haven't solved the problem, but I'd like to know what this circuit does. My haynes manual wiring diagram just shows that it runs from the fuse block to the PCM. There are two wires coming out of that fuse spot one a thick gauge pink wire the other a thinner gauge, but I can't really follow them along because they go into a bundle of wire behind the dash where there is like 10 pink wires.

I tried unpluggin the PCM to see if that was the problem, but it wasn't. The fuse still blew with the iginition in the on position.

Whenever the ignition is in the on position the fuse blows, but the truck still starts and runs fine. I haven't driven it anywhere, but I know it will go in gear and I've let it roll slightly forward and backward in my garage with no problems.

I'm going to try driving it around the block tomorrow and see what happens, but if anyone knows the purpose of this circuit could they please reply. I don't really want to have to push the truck back to my place.

Thanks.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Call a dealer and ask they might be able to tell ya.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I tried a few dealers and they said they can't tell me over phone what the circuit is for and of course they want me to bring it in for them to look at.
I think I'm just going to take it to my mechanic on Monday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts