S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
That is a Puma compressor the upgraded vr. of what AIM sells. as the DC5000. also known as the DC7000 (past)

The compressor is good for 1-3 gal tank and around 0~140PSI max

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
That is a Puma compressor the upgraded vr. of what AIM sells. as the DC5000. also known as the DC7000 (past
negative, that aint no dc7! lol the heads way different, i dont think its the same thing as i have. (dc7)

·
dixie highway destroyer
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm. i'd really like to run just one compressor. i have a viair 450 right now, pushing 160psi in 5 gallons.

i need something that i can run to 180-200psi for 10 gallons, and i don't want to spend a ton of money. what would you guys recommend?

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
MX_Racer32 said:
negative, that aint no dc7! lol the heads way different, i dont think its the same thing as i have. (dc7)

I thought the samething I had to call puma on this one,

it is the new model that replaced the comp they made that looked like the DC7

but yea it is not a DC7 but has similar motor specs.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
xbrightsidex said:
hmmm. i'd really like to run just one compressor. i have a viair 450 right now, pushing 160psi in 5 gallons.

i need something that i can run to 180-200psi for 10 gallons, and i don't want to spend a ton of money. what would you guys recommend?
Not many compressors are made to run at 200PSI.

I would say (2) 480's for you needs. or a EDC.. but both cost money :(

so not too shure in your case.

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
dc5.

i have one dc7000 on 18 gallons running a 145\175 pressure switch. fill times from 145 to 175 are 2 min and 26 seconds. i used to have a viair, i wont ever go back. but even though i own 3 of these compressors and know of 5 that work flawlessly, in the defense of others, i have heard of bad stories (heads going, parts breaking, ect) but then again, my viair took a shit on a 5 gallon after only 8 months so who knows.

·
Registered
624 Posts
xbrightsidex said:

I know you said one compressor but I think the 380's are good for 200psi. You would need 2 of them for a 10 gallon tank.

I don't know what your budget is but the oasis hp1000 has a peak of 200psi and that will fill your 10 gallon real quick

·
dixie highway destroyer
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MX_Racer32 said:
dc5.

i have one dc7000 on 18 gallons running a 145\175 pressure switch. fill times from 145 to 175 are 2 min and 26 seconds. i used to have a viair, i wont ever go back. but even though i own 3 of these compressors and know of 5 that work flawlessly, in the defense of others, i have heard of bad stories (heads going, parts breaking, ect) but then again, my viair took a shit on a 5 gallon after only 8 months so who knows.
so are you saying that dc5 from the puma would should work pretty well?

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
same comp older model

and anouther,

Now AIM does say there DC5000 aka DC7000 comp is a 200PSI comp. it is your choice. for the money it is a fast compressor.

·
dixie highway destroyer
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
s10xtreme said:
I know you said one compressor but I think the 380's are good for 200psi. You would need 2 of them for a 10 gallon tank.

I don't know what your budget is but the oasis hp1000 has a peak of 200psi and that will fill your 10 gallon real quick
oasis is always an option, but i'd probably go with one of the grease-converted edc's before i went oasis. if you're gonna spend about as much as an edc, why not go on and have the crazy speed of an edc? plus, the oasis would kill my electrical system, even with all the upgrades.

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
bad thing is they all "look" the same, even the house compressors look similiar, lol hard to decifer which is which without actually seeing the serial id plate.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
xbrightsidex said:
oasis is always an option, but i'd probably go with one of the grease-converted edc's before i went oasis. if you're gonna spend about as much as an edc, why not go on and have the crazy speed of an edc? plus, the oasis would kill my electrical system, even with all the upgrades.

I did a thread on this the Oasis has no more of a draw on your stock system then anyouther comp ;)

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
MX_Racer32 said:
bad thing is they all "look" the same, even the house compressors look similiar, lol hard to decifer which is which without actually seeing the serial id plate.
good point.

·
dixie highway destroyer
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if the oasis wasn't so damn expensive, i'd very likely go ahead and get one. and the dc5000 is supposed to be able to handle 200psi. only thing i wish i knew is if that puma compressor is the same dc5000 as the one that (dear god i fear saying it around here) aim sells.

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
just because aim sells it doesnt mean its bad, dont get me wrong they do sell junky stuff but they are a distributor and the main thing is their customer service and lack of good buisness ethics.

they all hail from the same factory, just different names. they are also known as dc series, blowjax, xtremeoutback compressor, styline concepts, ect. check out the gian shaim thread ("I just contacted aim...") that should explain a lot.

·
dixie highway destroyer
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i know they all originate from the thomas compressor factory, but i know some companies tweak them a little bit afterwards. just asking you here mx, but which would be better to buy? the puma or one from aim?

·
Registered
624 Posts
xbrightsidex said:
if the oasis wasn't so damn expensive, i'd very likely go ahead and get one. and the dc5000 is supposed to be able to handle 200psi. only thing i wish i knew is if that puma compressor is the same dc5000 as the one that (dear god i fear saying it around here) aim sells.
:haha: ( on the dear god quote )

I guess i never knew how fast an EDC was till now, I think I might save up and go for one, I am really getting tired of my 450 and its long fill times. Sorry to whore but how realiable are the EDC's and how much maintance do you have to put into them?

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
i know they all originate from the thomas compressor factory, but i know some companies tweak them a little bit afterwards
thats not entirely accurate. they all come from a korean company i believe from what doug found, i found them to originate from germany but i really dont think they are thomas related, its the first ive heard of that, where did you get your info?

as for tweaking, i think it was extreme outback who claimed they did, but i highly doubt it.

·
dixie highway destroyer
4,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MX_Racer32 said:
thats not entirely accurate. they all come from a korean company i believe from what doug found, i found them to originate from germany but i really dont think they are thomas related, its the first ive heard of that, where did you get your info?

as for tweaking, i think it was extreme outback who claimed they did, but i highly doubt it.
oops. i thought all the dc compressors were thomas. i don;t remember where i heard that, but i guess i heard wrong. i think i'm gonna try that puma compressor along with my 450, see how well it does. i need to get a new leader hose for the 450 though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts