S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The how to pictures aren't working and I think I'm missing something from the description.

I want to pull a leaf out of my pack. I know that your supposed to C-clamp the pack when you remove the center bolt, but I'm not sure on what to do after.

Do you push/slide the leaf you want out of the pack or slowly remove the C-clamp pull the leaf and then re-C-clamp to get the leaf out?

I don't want to have my leaves flying around the garage or into me:eek:

·
Registered
366 Posts
when i pulled a leaf out of my zq8 pack i just undid the center bolt and the halper spring fell out (literally) and the other spring was held on with two c clamps from factory. but thats just what i did

·
vv stupid volvo vv
984 Posts
yeah they wont fly out ive done it several times. just loosen the c-clamps slowly till you undo them and take the leaf you want out and put everything back together.

note: you might need a new center bolt because the stock one's threads dont go all the way up on the bolt but i just picked one up at ace

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
whats the exact leaf you pull for a 1.5" drop? on stock leafs ? do you pull the 2nd one from the top?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
thanks lol you help to much lol

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. Just wanted to be sure. After I read that they're all arched differently on the how to I just wanted to be sure. Wasn't sure how much tension was in there.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts