S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im awaiting install of my lowering kit. 2" Spindles, 1" Coils and 4" blocks in the rear. im wondering if thats going to be low enough so im pondering pulling a leaf while we're at it. im not replacing struts yet cause my truck only has 40K miles on it and they appear to be replaced before. it has monroes on it now. anywho, i know if you put different leafs on it, you are supposed to replace the struts. how about if you just pull a leaf? thanks in advance.

-steve

·
Ridin' on Twankies
3,619 Posts
well when u drop it, it really needs drop shocks anyway. i mean its not something you have to do, but yea it would help the way it rides...

so u doing a 3/4 and pullin a leaf?

post pics when done man

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
s10s don't have struts

you don't have to use drop shocks just because you lowered the truck, it all depends on how you lower it. If you run just spindles and blocks then there is no need to change the shocks and definitely no reason to run drop shocks. Neither the spindles nor the blocks change the amount of shock travel, therefore if you order 'drop' shocks for a spindle/block application they are gonna be the same length as your stock shocks, otherwise they wouldn't even bolt up.

Now to the original question, pulling a leaf will give you approximately 1.5" drop so that means you are losing .75" of shock travel. The stock shocks(or stock replacements) more than likely can handle that just fine. So here is what I would do, wait and install everything first and see if you even decide to pull the leaf. If you do end up pulling the leaf then check to see if your stock shocks bottom out or not, if they don't then leave them. If they do bottom out then order some drop shocks. No sense in wasting money on something you might not even need though.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
since tim's reply is too long for most people to read

for spindles. no need for front drop shocks
for 1in coils, no need for front drop shocks
for blocks. no need for rear drop shocks
for pulling a leaf, we dunno, so you figure it out on your own.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
since tim's reply is too long for most people to read

for spindles. no need for front drop shocks
for 1in coils, no need for front drop shocks
for blocks. no need for rear drop shocks
for pulling a leaf, we dunno, so you figure it out on your own.

:blah: first half of my post was correcting wrong statements already made, second half was answering the question. :D

·
Ridin' on Twankies
3,619 Posts
dude the only reason i said that was this: the first time i dropped my truck with a 3/4. it rode like crap, so i put drop shocks and it rode alot better. so dont freak out on me.

·
s-series #2?
24,783 Posts
seriously dude.... we pretty much just ignored your post? lol
how'd you drop your's 3/4?

·
Ridin' on Twankies
3,619 Posts
oh dude i aint trying to start nothing. i mean i was just saying what i thought and what i did.

i did 3 inch coils and 4 inch blocks.

then i figured that was ghetto and got 2 inch spindles 1 inch coils and then got 2 inch drop leafs and 2 inch blocks, and then drop shocks.

but now its completely different.

·
s-series #2?
24,783 Posts
oh dude i aint trying to start nothing. i mean i was just saying what i thought and what i did.

then i figured that was ghetto and got 2 inch spindles 1 inch coils and then got 2 inch drop leafs and 2 inch blocks, and then drop shocks.

no, we know, just making sure you know what kind of forum this is haha:rolleyes:
well with the coils, you needed drop shocks.
and other than it being a really tall block, thats not as ghetto as the stuff you hear around here. lol

·
Ridin' on Twankies
3,619 Posts
yea i know. off topic a bit. but some people on here do some ghetto junk. like heating and cutting springs. and removing leafs completely, and stupid stuff. being cheap isnt always good, because the price will come back in repairs later on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you pull a leaf with the 3/4 drop your rear might sag lowere than the front. i have a 3/4 but I have 3" coils, 3"leafs and 1"block and mine sits nice and even. I also did buy drop shocks. Something I should have done when I had my mazda cause it rides sooo much nicer.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts

where did you get 2" drop leafs from?

·
Ridin' on Twankies
3,619 Posts
i dont even know if they are 2 inch. i dunno. they may be 3????

they may be because i did have it level. so yea i guess they were 3...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts