S-10 Forum banner

pulling a leaf on blazer x

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  slammed blaze 
#1 ·
does anyone have the actual amount of drop for pulling a leaf on a blazer x?

i have a 2/3 drop right now (spindles/blocks) but i want to go about 1 more inch all the way around.

in the front, i think im just going to cut about 1/2 coil off the stock springs....for the back, i plan on just pulling a leaf. depending on the actual drop, i may have to change my block. (i just want to stay away from notching the frame for now....my blazer x only has 3900 miles on it...and im leasing it....for now) :)

one more question...do coil springs have be cut in increments of 1/2 coils at a time or is it ok to cut like 1/4 or 3/4 of a coil?

thanks in advance!

#3 ·
they look like the others....except they have the zq8 wheels on them. i personally dont think the zq8 wheels looked right on the blazer, so i had the dealer put the 'original' speedlines on it. regardless, its an '04.

i can take a pic of the vin# to prove it....

#4 ·
You want 20 inch wheels, I think it sits perfect the way it is :thumbup:

#8 ·
What size coils though since the extreme is already dropped and I have 2in spindles?? And won't taking out a leaf spring hurt your ride or other things?? Mine truck already has a ruff ride on some bumps with the blocks but I done blocks before so it was expected but Ive never taken a leaf out.

#9 ·
GOTDUBZ: you will at least need to get 2" drop coils to lower it....the extremes already have 1.5" drop coil on them from the factory. i have heard that us blazer x guys should buy a 2" s10 drop coil.....rides better i guess. also, i have heard that a 2" drop coil is almost a 3" drop after it settles. thats kind of why i just want to cut the factory springs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.