S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Soon to be bagged!!
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i saw the how-to on pullin a leaf, and the pics didnt show up for me at home or work? well anyhow, i want to lower the rear of the S15 even more than the 3" it has now with blocks, is it safer and easier to pull the leaf out while the leaf spring is off of the truck? i happen to have the stock ones from the 88 S10 i just replaced with 3" drop leafs. And what is this mono-leaf thing i have read somewhere? thanks every1!

·
Soon to be bagged!!
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man, ive was waiting too! but im gonna use the old 88 s10 ones for the s15. They only have the main leaf, a middle one and, the helper one, as the s15 ones have 4 leafs. and im gonna paint mine too. ill try to post mine as well.

u going to just mono-leaf it? or leave the little helper leaf in there?

·
pimpin an 87
72 Posts
the monoleafin thing is where u pull all but the 1 main spring off.All that really happens when u pull springs is it rides like crap...but the lower the better

·
Soon to be bagged!!
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i hear that!!!

u got pics yet??? how much more did it lower it?

·
That 3D picture dude guy
4,570 Posts
Mono leafing is the poor man's lowering kit. I was monoleafed and rode bump stop till I got my notch in. I had to stick a leaf back in to keep fromdragging frame ( my leafs are getting worn out). a mono leaf will give you anywhere from 2.5-4 inches in drop depending on how worn they are.

·
Soon to be bagged!!
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
even if you cut the bumpstops and brackets that are welded on? the axle will still hit w/o a notch?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts