S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
STS isnt exactly on the ball with this one. Granted it was a high quality belt...BUT IT WAS THE WRONG F'IN SIZE. considering the tensioner has alot of room, you would think they would distibute a belt that would work. But noooooo....i get a belt that is still loose with the tensioner all the way. had to go buy another 25 dollar belt that was smaller 715k6 i believe was the size. so there goes the discount we supposedly got...I wonder if theyll give me back the money they paid for the belt?????

·
Registered
920 Posts
i bet ill have the same problem. Hehe good to have the right number for the belt im probally gonna need. thanks:thumbup: someone needs to tell them its the wrong size so they will stop doing it, i heard a few people say its just slightly too big

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Called STS and they said i could send it back and theyd credit my card, since thats how i paid. Guys said about $25 which is about what i paid for the smaller belt. Im happy now...:D

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
So how hard was it to install... I'm thinking about trying to do it tonight, but I don't want to spend all night doing it, are the instructions good enough, or are there some tips that you guys could give me... maybe a mini how-to. Thanks,

DogP

·
Registered
42 Posts
Where U guys live? Why do I ask? BECAUSE HERE IN NC I HAVEN"T GOT MINE YET, whaaaaaaaaaa. :cry:

Sorry about that, got a little emotional, but seriously, I wish they would come in, can you guys tell a good difference?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can tell a lil. Not huge but theres a difference.

oh and you may need to have another wrench or a helper when loosening the crank pulley...it tends to turn the engine before loosening. Also the new alt pulley will have less room for a wrench to tighten.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Woo Hoo!!! I got mine on tonight... I think it is pretty sweet. Not too tough of an install, only took about an hour, and I've never even changed my belt before. I didn't have all the right tools, so I ended up having to buy them (t50 torx socket and 24mm open end), but once I got them it was fairly easy. I agree, the hardest part was turning the crank bolt.

DogP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts