S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 2151 Posts

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
This is my bag installation thread. I'll update it as I progress.

YORK COMPRESSOR:
Finally got it in. We had to heavily modify the bracket I bought. So much for engine specific brackets, bleh!

Anywho, it's on, and it's badass. I hooked the clutch wire to 12v and the compressor kicked on, sounded badass. I bumped it up to about 1500 rpms, my dad said it was blowing his hand away from the front on it

And that's not even full power!

Excuse my dirty engine bay I haven't cleaned it in a LONG time.. Anyways, yeah, it's all in, finally. As I said, it lines up fine, works great, definately pumps out the air. I paid $85 for the original bracket.. bleh, spent $75 at machine shops making it work. I also had to have a new power steering line made up made of mostly plastic so I could bend it out of the way to clear the belt. The maker of the bracket never told me this... I also had to extend a vacuum line, and a few other things.

I ended up using a 103" belt. The original belt is 95.5 inches. I measured and got 105", so I went and got the 106.5", figured I could make it work, BUT forgot to pull the tensioner UP... bleh, so took that one back. Got a 100", it was too small. Went back and got 2 different sizes.. a 103 and a 104.5. The 104.5 was 29.99! The others were like 12.99.... big price different. Luckily the 103 worked and I get to take the 104.5 back and get my 30 freakin bucks back!

I'm gonna stick my intake filter and stuff on, and also teflon those compressor ports and put the elbows on. They're just stuck on there now. That's about all I can think of. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Here's the pics!

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: 9/27/03

Steel braided leader hose is ran. Tank is in. Leak-free :) I used lots of teflon tape on the compressor ports and it worked great. Before I taped em up (as I didnt have any), it leaked BAD. Now it doesn't leak at all!

Tomorrow, I'm gonna secure my tank and wire up my valves/switchbox. I'm also gonna hopefully start the bagging of the front. I'll post pics soon.

STAY TUNED!

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
dude wtf..i just spent 5 min d/lin the same pics in the other thread, why you gonna put all the same damn pics in this thread?

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
cab said:
UPDATE: 9/27/03

Steel braided leader hose is ran. Tank is in. Leak-free :) I used lots of teflon tape on the compressor ports and it worked great. Before I taped em up (as I didnt have any), it leaked BAD. Now it doesn't leak at all!

Tomorrow, I'm gonna secure my tank and wire up my valves/switchbox. I'm also gonna hopefully start the bagging of the front. I'll post pics soon.

STAY TUNED!
It isnt 9/27 yet.....

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oops. I meant 9/22.

I bought a Sawzall today :D I'll be getting work on those spring pockets very soon!

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
UPDATE: 9/23/03

Passenger side front suspension completely tore apart. I've never did it before so I was learning as I went. The driver side will be done in 1/10 of the time... lol.

Anyways, next thing to do is mark where to cut on the spring pocket and start'a'cuttin. I'll post pics once I start cutting for you guys.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, I just resized all my pics to 640x480 and lowered the quality some. Sorry about the size before. They're about 1/3 of the original size now.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
UPDATE: 9/24/03

Did some work on my lower control arm. I cut the hump off with my new sawzall. This baby is NICE! It cut it so easy. I didnt wanna grind the rivets off the steering stop so I left it on and cut around it. This was my first time to EVER use a sawzall. My cuts arent super straight, but it's all getting patched and welded up. Not bad, eh?

I was impressed by how smooth the cuts were... Cool stuff.

Here's the pics:

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm also gonna use a grinder to clean those up a little, make them a bit straighter so it'll be easier to patch up. I test fitted them and they clear the frame just fine. I'm taking my bumpstops off, I didnt unbolt them yet though. I'm also gonna clean these babys up and use a wire brush to get em ready to be painted. I'm gonna give em several coats and they should shine :D

More to come soon. I'm gonna start on my spring pocket sometime soon, maybe tomorrow.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FoolishBlazer said:
why did you have to cut that like that?

To layout, you have to cut this part off the control arm, or you have to cut the part out on the frame that it rests on. Either way, I just figured this was easier so I did it. It took me like 5-10 minutes. If you dont cut either out, the control arm will hit on the frame and it wont layout.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know if it matters wire tire/rim size or not. I don't think it does. I'd go ahead and cut them out, it's not like it's hard.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh, and I also wired all my valves up today. They all work like a charm ;)

1 - 20 of 2151 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.