S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever ran these heads? They seem to be the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't know anyone making serious power using these heads. I believe they took over Patriot. I wouldn't buy them but I'm not saying they aren't any good. You usually get what you pay for. What are you looking to do or get out of your engine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking to make around 450 to 500 hp.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What do you have? how much cid,? what is the rest of your comb? where do you want to make power? what are your plans-expectations?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you have? how much cid,? what is the rest of your comb? where do you want to make power? what are your plans-expectations?
350 crate engine with th400. Engine putting out 300 hp, four bolt main, 462's heads, 750 dp. All in a 97 s10 Blazer 2 door. Posi 373 out back. Building just a drag strip rig.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Saw the same question asked today and it seems if you get those or the Procomp, people say to buy them bare and put good valve train parts in them.
The Promaxx 200cc heads, from a little research that I have down, rate up or above the other heads out there.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It sounds like you have a pretty nice combo. I believe if your just changing the heads your going to hurt your bottom end (I don't what converter you have) and not have enough cam to let the heads work on the top end. It's all about your parts (combo) complementing each other. In my Regal I'm running an old stock block L-82 350. I've got a set of old 2.02 chevy iron heads (ported) a comps 306s cam w/ a vic jr and a 750 that goes through a t-400 w/ a 4500 stall, and a 4.30 rear. It's north of 500 hp.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It sounds like you have a pretty nice combo. I believe if your just changing the heads your going to hurt your bottom end (I don't what converter you have) and not have enough cam to let the heads work on the top end. It's all about your parts (combo) complementing each other. In my Regal I'm running an old stock block L-82 350. I've got a set of old 2.02 chevy iron heads (ported) a comps 306s cam w/ a vic jr and a 750 that goes through a t-400 w/ a 4500 stall, and a 4.30 rear. It's north of 500 hp.
I my leave the set up that I have alone and just turbo it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts