S-10 Forum banner
901 - 920 of 1599 Posts

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #901 ·
Damn your truck looks badass on those stealths! Btw love the hombre hood so I thought I'd try it out on mine :D hope that's ok LMAO
Thanks man! Any pics of your Hombre hood? I'd love to see it!

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #902 ·
Dont remember.. but do you have the adapter brackets yet to hold the abutment bracket on the spindle?
I still have to build them. Hopefully getting them made tonight or tomorrow night

·
Meh Dingus
783 Posts
A lowered truck on KMC stealths is mostly the reason I got into mini trucks. FTMFW

looking at those wheels makes me miss my blazer. :(

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #905 ·
A lowered truck on KMC stealths is mostly the reason I got into mini trucks. FTMFW

looking at those wheels makes me miss my blazer. :(
Haha that's funny you say that because that's the same case for me lol

It was a Indigo Blue Xcab Xtreme with silvers stripes slammed on 18" or 20" Stealths with a loud ass stereo in it... used to see it around town all the time and it had the license plate H8NBMPS. I used to drool seein that thing haha

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #906 ·
I've got a crappy pic in my thread but I'll try to get some close ups tonight. I've got a little more fab to do since I decided to keep the top grille bar but I think it'll work out I hope lol.
Just checked out your thread... looks good so far! :tup:

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #907 ·
And a small update for the Work Truck... I spent most of the night in the garage last night but the majority of the time was spent drinking beer and tinkering lol

I was able to get some grinding done on the spindles and grabbed some pics of the wheels assembled with the brakes (minus rear calipers). Front wheel on the left, rear wheel on the right

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #909 ·
Was able to work on stuff Sat and yesterday, and got a bit done.

Made a prototype adapter bracket, but drilling it by hand caused the holes to move far enough to not line things up where I wanted them

It pushed the caliper too far out on the disc, not maximizing the pad area

Here it is from the back

So I cut two more from the template I made and then today at work I used our drill press to get the holes spot on. Here are the brackets that will go on the truck

I was also able to get the grinding on the spindle and caliper abutments done so that everything is properly clearanced to fit around the disc. Next step is to prep and paint everything, including the steering kit, shock relocaters and buttons, leafs and lift shackles. Then I'm hoping to install all the front suspension parts Thurs night then Fri I will delve into pulling the bed and starting work on the rear

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #911 ·
Lol. Nice to see other people working on their trucks at work! :haha:
I try not to unless I absolutely have to, but I don't have a drill press and work has a nice one, so it works out ok lol

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #913 ·
what brake calipers / abutment brackets are those? Guessing a stock 98+ blazer setup?
You got it. They're coupled to '98up LS1 Fbody 12" rotors.

It worked out great because my brother got a full '98up Blazer stock spindle/hub/brake setup with 50k miles on it when he did his C5 Z06 brakes and he gave me the calipers and rotors for free, plus when I bought my truck the kid I bought it from threw in a 'free set of Hawk brake pads that I just didn't get around to putting on'. Well he 'didn't get around to putting them on' because they weren't for a pickup, they were for the dual piston blazer brake setup. So ever since I've had my truck I've had the calipers/brackets and Hawk pads that was all completely free to me (if you don't count having to buy the truck lol) Couple that with a $120 set of drilled/slotted Fbody rotors and the stock Blazer rear calipers that came on my 8.5" Blazer rear end and I've got a nice brake setup for a very small investment :)

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
Ok that makes sense then.. i was just wondering why your adapter brackets ya made looked completely different then the ones ill have to make.

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #916 ·
still waiting on the drop spindles! :)
Jim, I will have these ready for you on Fri. I work in Glenwood... is there somewhere between there and Mokena that we could meet up so I can get them to you? Let me know what works for you... you can text me if it's easier

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #917 ·
And to update everybody on the truck... I spent most of the night in the garage and with the help of a buddy got everything to the point of being ready for paint. The new brackets put the caliper exactly where I wanted it, so I was happy about that. My buddy is going to be wire wheeling and prepping everything for paint today and tomorrow and then hopefully we can paint Wed night (I'm not going to be working on it tonight because of Vday). Then Thurs night I plan to swap everything on the front so I have the whole weekend to get the rear done. The leafs and shackles will be painted, so I'll just have to do all the work on the axle and then paint that and she'll be good to go

·
Turbocharged Pimp
1,616 Posts
Jim, I will have these ready for you on Fri. I work in Glenwood... is there somewhere between there and Mokena that we could meet up so I can get them to you? Let me know what works for you... you can text me if it's easier
Sounds good we can meet in the middle maybe route 30 and cicero?ya never told me how much you want for em too so I know how much cash to bring! lol

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
lol yeah... that would be why. You're running full Fbody rotors/calipers? But with truck style spindles and machined rotor/hubs?
Yup that be it. I've got 2 sets of f body fronts currently, but I'll probably end up making the adapter a litlle wider on the one set and run 13" corvette rotors for the 98.

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #920 ·
Sounds good we can meet in the middle maybe route 30 and cicero?ya never told me how much you want for em too so I know how much cash to bring! lol
That'll work! As far as price, I guess I'd like your input. Just running new parts prices I found this:

BellTech Spindles: $200 (Summit)
Rotors: $35ea (AutoZone)
Seals: $4ea (AZ)
Bearings: $13ea (AZ)

So for brand new prices you're looking at $200+(2 x $35 = $70)+(2 x $4 = $8)+(4 x $13 = $52) = $330 for all brand new stuff.

Now obviously my stuff isn't new. The spindles I bought used off a kid I knew back in fall 2003, and they were a couple years old at that point and the rotors/bearings I put on the Sonoma about 15-20k miles ago. Looking through the classifieds it seems that used BellTech 2100s are going for $100-150 so with that I'm thinking around $175. That sound fair to you?

901 - 920 of 1599 Posts