S-10 Forum banner

561 - 580 of 1599 Posts

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #562
Are Lake and Porter ("The Region") the only 2 counties that do it? I live in Lake and both of those are so close to the IL border that they're very similar to IL/Chicago in a lot of ways (such as having emissions).

If I move a tick bit farther south to either Newton or Jasper county then I think I avoid all the emissions BS. But it's no big deal because I'm having a tune put on the ECU by Wait4Me to eliminate any and all emissions codes

·
Registered
623 Posts
just wanted to say i live in northwest indiana ( whiting) and we got to have emissions, sucks, but i got a show car exemption, a couple yrs ago you were able to get a 10000 pound plate, which was nice... sweet build btw, later

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #566
Yeah when I had the custom "WRK TRUK" plate that was a 10k lb plate so I never had to have emissions with that. Unfortunately I was never able to have it on the 95 our the Sonoma... It was only ever on my Silverado. My bro has the car show exemption for his laid out sonoma but I'm not sure if he has to get emissions or not

·
rox
9,360 Posts
Are Lake and Porter ("The Region") the only 2 counties that do it? I live in Lake and both of those are so close to the IL border that they're very similar to IL/Chicago in a lot of ways (such as having emissions).

If I move a tick bit farther south to either Newton or Jasper county then I think I avoid all the emissions BS. But it's no big deal because I'm having a tune put on the ECU by Wait4Me to eliminate any and all emissions codes
roughly how much is that tune gonna run ya? I need to pass emissions to get Missouri plates next year.

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #568
Yeah when I had the custom "WRK TRUK" plate that was a 10k lb plate so I never had to have emissions with that. Unfortunately I was never able to have it on the 95 our the Sonoma... It was only ever on my Silverado. My bro has the car show exemption for his laid out sonoma but I'm not sure if he has to get emissions or not

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #571
That's weird that it double posted 6 hours apart like that... I made that post from my phone (which is how I'm making this post and how I just made several others). Bryan, as far as the tune goes, I believe it's $75 if you take out your ECM and send it to them, or $150 for them to send you a new ECM with the tube on it

·
Frame Laying Member
2,068 Posts
I vote no more bumping your theads till you have pics of the projects related to the threads!!! lol

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #575
I vote no more bumping your theads till you have pics of the projects related to the threads!!! lol
Haha ok. The bed is off the Sonoma now... want me to take a pic of that? :D

·
Frame Laying Member
2,068 Posts
yes.. lol

561 - 580 of 1599 Posts