S-10 Forum banner

541 - 560 of 1599 Posts

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #541
congrats on the baby and house man. do you still have the 2nd gen sonoma in your sig?
Thanks! When that truck (the original 'Work Truck' 95 S10) blew the motor I all but parted it completely out. I still have the cab/fenders/doors/interior but thats about it. My 2002 Sonoma has for the most part 'replaced' it

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #543
congrats on the little girl. My son was born july 4th last year.
It's honestly gotta be the best day out of the year to have a birthday... everybody's celebrating and you get fireworks every year! :D

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #546
Your baby's first picture with you... in your s10forum shirt!!! Awesome!

Haha I can't believe you're the first person to notice/comment on that! Thought you guys would get a kick out of it :)

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #547
Yo where is the first gen at?
I have 2 10'x20' storage units. The '91 is in one of them and the rest of the parts of the '95 are in the other one in addition to both of them being packed full of parts and stuff. I'm hopefully going to be building a 2nd 1-car garage at my house around Labor Day so that I can store all that stuff at the house and get rid of the storage units. I'd ideally like to have the Sonoma driving by then so I can put the '91 and frame table in the garage to work on but I have yet to make any real progress on it so who knows

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #548 (Edited)
A little preview of what I've been working on lately. My hand is only in the view to keep the wheel from turning since the tie rod isn't connected (and I don't do the greatest job lol)

Also... sorry the vid is on its side but I couldn't figure out how to rotate it :(

(Clicky VVVVV)

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #552
Well, a little bit of progress...

Picked up a '93 Taurus eFan for my Corvette radiator from local guy DeMotte4x4 (he even through in a brand new adjustable thermostat!)

And I raped the '95 of it's heat-only blower box and swapped it on in place of my A/C unit since I don't plan to re-install all the A/C components just yet

I've also been working on tapping out the head of my Sanden SD7 compressor that will be mounted in the stock A/C compressor's place, and I should have some braided stainless lines for it arriving any day

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #554
So wait... did you get rid of the caster so the wheels stay centered? Isn't that really bad?
The caster is not what pulls the wheels back towards the cab, it's the Anti-Dive. So no, I did not get rid of the caster (the majority of it is built into the spindle with a slight amount able to be adjusted by the alignment shims).

I DID, however, get rid of the Anti-Dive, which like you said, keeps the wheels centered :D

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #559
Well I've been ordering/purchasing/receiving a lot of parts lately so hopefully soon there should be plenty of big updates for you guys :)

Another 'life update'... Over the past week-week and a half my Dad and I have been putting up a shed in my back yard. Originally I was gonna build a 2 story 1 car garage but the town wouldn't let me put it where I wanted due to zoning restrictions so I decided to just go with a shed in it's place. The shed is 12'x12' and 12' high and is a gambrel style barn. I put a loft in it that is about 8'x10' and has 3.5-4' of clearance which leaves a 7' ceiling over the main part. The reason for the shed is because I have (2) 10'x20' storage units full of trucks and parts (1 has the '91 and a bunch of parts, and the other has the remains of the '95 and a bunch of parts) and I'm sick of paying $165 a month to rent them. So as soon as the Sonoma is driving it will be coming out of the garage so the '91 can go up on the frame table in the garage. The '95 (only a cab and frame at this point) will be getting tarped and put behind the shed, and then the new cab/bed/fenders/etc for the '91 will be going in the shed along with all the other stuff thats in the shed as well as a lot of things that are cluttering my garage right now.

The Sonoma is due for plates (and emissions) on Oct. 7 so that is my deadline that I've set for myself to have it driving by. At this point I have about 80-90% of the parts I WANT to have on it for when it drives, but I have about 98% of the parts that it takes to get it driveable to the point of getting the emissions tested and getting the plates renewed.

So again, like I said at the top of this novel... keep an eye out for some updates in here :D

541 - 560 of 1599 Posts