S-10 Forum banner

421 - 440 of 1599 Posts

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #421
your bro's truck looks good man.

my little bro got some boss 20's on his truck now also, but i haven't bothered with laying it out yet, just too damn busy building the 355 sbc for the '86 and working on my house
I'll let him know you like it :)

And yeah... I know how it goes not having time for things, and I'm not even to the point of working on my own house yet lol

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #422
Nice to hear. We deff. will need to meet up at some shows or something in the future and check out each others frame work. Esp. since our states are right next door!

bros truck is sick, stock spindles i assume?

don't get me started on those TBSS wheels. I wish they fit/made replicas in different bolt patterns. I think they would look sweet on an s10 layed out.
Yeah it's stock spindles. And yeah I agree that the TB SS wheels would look sweet on a laid out S10 :pimp:

That'd be cool to meet up sometime

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
Well... good goes to bad quickly :(

We were supposed to close on a house tomorrow but last Friday I got laid off :( So now we can't get the house and have been frantically searching to find an apartment that we can afford with being on unemployment. This just sucks

·
Super Moderator
16,422 Posts
damn man, I'm sorry to hear that. what do you do? What field? My neighbor is a pilot for delta or something.

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
I graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology. I only pursued Aviation for 2 years and have just an Associates Degree in that. I'm glad I got out when I did because there are a lot more engineering jobs than there are Pilot jobs.

On a good note though... after looking for apartments for several days we found a brand new construction condo that the bank took ownership of and is going to rent instead of sell and it is about the same price as an apartment so we are hopefully gonna get that. Has a 1 car garage too (which I thought I'd have to go without for a while if we got an apartment) so I should be able to bring my tools there and work on the Sonoma :) So things aren't looking as shitty as they were before. Once things go through (IF they go through...) I'll put up some pics of the condo

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Thanks man. It's looking like a go on the Condo... not sure how the condo association will feel about me wanting to weld/grind/fabricate in the lil 1-car garage tho...

Tough break on losing the job man. It seems like when it rains it pours for you. Just keep on 'truckin' and things will clear up soon enough for you.

As far as welding in a 1 car garage, what they dont know wont kill them:haha:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
i like how your bro's truck is layed out like that. he got a build thread on the truck and those C5 vette brakes? :D

·
Super Moderator
16,422 Posts
I graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering Technology. I only pursued Aviation for 2 years and have just an Associates Degree in that. I'm glad I got out when I did because there are a lot more engineering jobs than there are Pilot jobs.

On a good note though... after looking for apartments for several days we found a brand new construction condo that the bank took ownership of and is going to rent instead of sell and it is about the same price as an apartment so we are hopefully gonna get that. Has a 1 car garage too (which I thought I'd have to go without for a while if we got an apartment) so I should be able to bring my tools there and work on the Sonoma :) So things aren't looking as shitty as they were before. Once things go through (IF they go through...) I'll put up some pics of the condo
dont know how I forgot to reply to you. Shoot me over your resume!

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #433
i like how your bro's truck is layed out like that. he got a build thread on the truck and those C5 vette brakes? :D
Nope, sorry... he doesn't have a build thread on here. He is a member but only has a handful of posts that are all really old

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #434
any more updates on the truck or job/house? Good luck with everything!
Thanks for the good words Brian :tup:

It's funny that you asked if there were updates because I was just about to start making an update post when I saw that you had posted in here lol

Look for an update just a few min from now :D

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #436
Ok well here's a big update for all of you guys. We did end up getting into the condo which has been a huge relief. The house we were going to buy was a 3 bed/1 bath 1000 sq. ft. ranch on a crawl that had a 2.5 car detached garage AND a 24'x40' pole barn on 0.4 acres and was 100 yards from Cedar Lake and came with lake rights which included access to the private beach and a slip on the private pier, so after losing that it was hard to see the good in any other living situation. But the condo really opened our eyes to what we needed and showed us that the house really wouldn't have fit our needs the way we needed (other than the pole barn).

The condo is a 2 bed/1.75 bath, about 1450 sq. ft. and is a 2nd floor unit in what is essentially a townhouse. There is a ground level landing that you enter through the front door to (which is on the side of the building). On your right side is the 1 car garage (about 10'x20'... SMALL) and ahead of you is the staircase that leads up to the condo. There's a huge main open area that is a combined living area/formal dining room (but we just use it as a living area... the formal dining room would be tacky). On one side is the Master bedroom/walk-in closet/0.75 bath, the main full bath, and the front bedroom (we use it as an office). On the other side is the sliding door between the dining area and the deck, the kitchen and the laundry room hidden behind it by a pocket door. I will probably make a post with pics of the place.

It really is a blessing in disguise to be here because we have found that we are running out of room for all of our stuff here with 1450 sq ft, so there would've been no way we could've fit all of our stuff into 1000 sq ft. I still have my storage unit for all my extra car parts/trucks/etc and the Sonoma and my tools are in the 1 car garage here. Plus the house was built in 1979 and needed just a little bit of maintenance on a few things here and there whereas the condo is brand new construction and it's really nice to have a place that nobody has ever lived in before... we're kind of spoiled.

Unfortunately I am still unemployed (because of the shitty economy... go figure) and the condo is in a really upscale country club. So it's kinda funny that people know that I'm unemployed yet we tell them that we live in White Hawk lol On the way in from the entrance to the area where we live you drive past houses that are anywhere from $400k all the way to several $million, so it's pretty cool. Right next to our condo is one of the golf cart paths, and every 45 minutes on the weekends the beer cart girl drives by lol :) When I do get another job and we start looking for a place to buy I'm sure we'll be looking for something with a little more sq ft of space in addition to being a little newer (and hopefully having a pole barn). Another perk of living in the condo is that I don't have to worry about doing any lawn work because the condo association takes care of all of that. It would be nice to have a decent amount of land to call my own but we're just starting out and this is just fine for now

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #438
Ok... here are the pics of the condo. Most of them are from before we moved in; a few are from before all the appliances were installed. Once we get all settled in (everything unpacked, all pictures/decorations hung, etc) I'll get more pics to post.

Looking down the stairs at the front door: (my goofy self coming in)

Top of the staircase looking at the stair opening:

Front of the house as viewed from the middle of the living area. Staircase on the right, office on the left:

Another view (master bed/bath door on the left; my Dad on left measuring, wife's Dad on the right):

Inside the office (after the desk/chair got put in):

From the office doorway facing the back of the house. Staircase on the near left, kitchen/dining on the far left, living area in middle, hall/coat closet on the right:

Main bathroom (empty), hall/coat closet to the left:

Main bathroom (with shower curtain in):

From the staircase looking into the main living area:

Dining area (sliding door/deck on the right):

Deck (with a hawk on the railing who sometimes visits):

Our puppy who the hawk was eyeing up to eat:

Dining room, kitchen on the left:

Kitchen, pocket door to laundry room open (no appliances yet):

Kitchen, pocket door closed (all but microwave and dishwasher in):

Laundry room (no appliances):

Laundry room (washer/dryer installed):

Back to the other side of the condo, standing in the bedroom doorway, walk-in closet ahead, bedroom on the left:

Walk-in closet empty:

Walk-in closet with a bunch of her clothes in it:

Master Bedroom:

Master Bathroom:

Thats all the pics I have for now... unfortunately no pics of the garage (my wife took them so you can understand that she really had no interest in taking pics of it lol)

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #440
Thanks a bunch man. We're only renting it on a 6 month lease. In the local market it'd be for sale for $160k but the rent we're paying is almost half of what other people in the other units pay because we got it after the bank had taken it over (the builder ran out of funds, asked the bank for more funds, bank denied, builder made bank take over the properties with 1/3 of them still unfinished). The bank is who payed for $3800 worth of all brand new appliances :)

421 - 440 of 1599 Posts