S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently bought a 96 blazer 4 door 2wd. It was 1 owner with around 160,000 miles. Strong running 4.3l vortec and has no problems. Leather interior with electric everything. I scored it off craigslist for $1200. It was supposed tio be clean mild static drop family ride but the wife agreed it needs bags.

So far all I have done is all red LED Taillights,Billet Poker suit rearview mirror,10k HID's,Sport Mirrors,and the 17x8" KMC 68 wheels I bought from Redrider here on the board. I bought the rollpan and step shavers also just waiting on them to come in. Before anyone sees the pic and says it needs to be lowered ill throw out there that im waiting on the front bag kit,air management and drop spindles to show up at my house. As for the rear it is just getting mini notch for now and taking it as low as possible.

But here she is...

·
I ride low
265 Posts
Donk status son! hey after I get the rods out of my leg you need to take off a week and ill come up and we can lay the front out at your place...just pay my gas and shit buy me beer and im down to do it...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright captain cripple deal. I just ordered the front kit from ebay that came with bags,brackets,valves and a viair 444c compressor for $520

·
I ride low
265 Posts
ok yeah I find out tomorrow whats going on with the rods in my leg but after that gives me a reason to come visit you cheryl and adam....I'll do the hands on shit and you can run the wires, lines and do the plumbing...wouldnt take but like 2 days and thats bullshitting messing around and just taking our time...go ahead and order your mini notch and we can do that as well...will look killer on those wheels when bagged!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah just make sure i can get off and be home before you make plans.

On another note just got the 2" spindles ordered. Just waiting to get home and start working on it and will update with pics.

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
Alright captain cripple deal. I just ordered the front kit from ebay that came with bags,brackets,valves and a viair 444c compressor for $520
Just a little tip brother. Order from Newmaticsinc.com Talk to Sunny! He is by far the best in the game for air ride parts. #1 in customer service, I deal with him all the time and he gets parts out and shipped stupid fast. Never once a problem and Ive been dealing with him a little while now.
Ive done business with Suicidedoors/Qualityairride/thorbro.com and IMO they have way too many customers and work to be done and not enough sttay to handle it all.
Stay away from Ebay deals and the cheap shit. If you're going to be pressurised air under your vehicle you want quality fittings/lines/bags ect ect
Just my .02 cents
air ride should fun and reliable.. not a headache cause u went the inexpensive route ya dig :D

edit: BTW nice Blaze bro

·
Inferno Fab
4,441 Posts
Everything he said above is truth. Don't go cheap, you'll regret it. do it right the first time and you'll love it, do it cheap and it'll be nothing but a headache.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a little tip brother. Order from Newmaticsinc.com Talk to Sunny! He is by far the best in the game for air ride parts. #1 in customer service, I deal with him all the time and he gets parts out and shipped stupid fast. Never once a problem and Ive been dealing with him a little while now.
Ive done business with Suicidedoors/Qualityairride/thorbro.com and IMO they have way too many customers and work to be done and not enough sttay to handle it all.
Stay away from Ebay deals and the cheap shit. If you're going to be pressurised air under your vehicle you want quality fittings/lines/bags ect ect
Just my .02 cents
air ride should fun and reliable.. not a headache cause u went the inexpensive route ya dig :D

edit: BTW nice Blaze bro
Gimp it was actually the ssd kit listed on there but for some reason the sale didnt go through so I just ordered everything from the ssd website. I keep your buddy in mind when i order again. Right now all im lacking to have the front done is the fittings and switches. I cant wait for all this to come in and my brother to get out of his wheel chair so he can do the grunt work and ill handle the plumbing and wiring.:haha:

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
ey your brother doesnt need to get out of his chair to start working. I never get out of mine and look at my truck :blaugh:

Thats fcuking SIG material right there

·
I ride low
265 Posts
ey your brother doesnt need to get out of his chair to start working. I never get out of mine and look at my truck :blaugh:

thank you for the new sig lol and yeah i can work in my wheelchair but the metal brace keeps my leg perfectly straight and can't bend it so waiting for it to come off but it comes off march 5th so do work son

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Thats fcuking SIG material right there
Gimp your truck is clean as F*CK too. When mitch (MR.Cripple) first had his accident he was convinced he could never drive a mini again and I told him about a guy who was paralyzed from the waist down in a chair at a show a few years back with a clean ass bodied xcab that the front and the 3rd door were welded together and on a sliding system like a van. It was bad ass too.

Kinda glad he is over his depression and building something and also Im glad he lets me help him with the parts he needs.

·
I ride low
265 Posts
Gimp your truck is clean as F*CK too. When mitch (MR.Cripple) first had his accident he was convinced he could never drive a mini again and I told him about a guy who was paralyzed from the waist down in a chair at a show a few years back with a clean ass bodied xcab that the front and the 3rd door were welded together and on a sliding system like a van. It was bad ass too.

Kinda glad he is over his depression and building something and also Im glad he lets me help him with the parts he needs.
yeah depression was a mother f*cker but had I_B_Blazed with me the first month and a half i was out...he took off work to stay and help me...je is a awesome brother...Also the club im petitioning with has also helped me before I ever got my mini and considered me a member before I had my dime and also helped me with alot of air ride arts...Gimp is my motivation though

enough of the sob story glad you help fund my parts as well lol thats why Im gonna come do your grunt work on your truck...just cant wait to see if on air!!!need to get more pics when you go home of the interior to show how clean it really is

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah depression was a mother f*cker but had I_B_Blazed with me the first month and a half i was out...he took off work to stay and help me...je is a awesome brother...Also the club im petitioning with has also helped me before I ever got my mini and considered me a member before I had my dime and also helped me with alot of air ride arts...Gimp is my motivation though

enough of the sob story glad you help fund my parts as well lol thats why Im gonna come do your grunt work on your truck...just cant wait to see if on air!!!need to get more pics when you go home of the interior to show how clean it really is
Oh yea the all leather interior lol its cherry inside.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts