S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
gang member!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, here it is. Bought it on Wednesday, and started ripping apart today.
'88 S-10, 4cyl, 5spd, ghetto package, power nothing, no A/C, no power steering, etc...
Runs and drives just fine, but needs a lot of body work. NOTICE THE HOLES IN THE FLOORBOARD... NOT A FACTORY OPTION. That's why the driver's side door sags and doesn't line up right when you close it, because the body mount has been completely rusted through. So that will be #1 to do... support the body to the correct height and fabricate a new mount along with new floorboard. If you've done this before, please provide inputs.

Anyways, here's a list of things I wish to do to it.
Undecided on rims
Bags, prob. Triangulated 4 link in the rear, cut up stock arms in front
if possible, hide compressors, switches, tank under bed
prob. 1x10" sub, ok sound system, don't have the room
Black and Silver paint scheme, undecided
Dynamat interior for quiet ride, good muffler too
full blown security system w/remote start and bags hooked up for remote control
keep tailgate functional but completely smooth/shave rearend
possibly convert rear window into sliding glass (slides down w/electric servos)
don't know what for the grill yet. open for suggestions
IMG_0688-1.jpg

IMG_0693-1.jpg

·
Super Moderator
51,327 Posts
looks like a good start kyle....lemme know if you need a hand with anything..might can make a trip up there one weekend and dig into it..

·
Gone Fisting!
671 Posts
haha thats going to be fun, i can't wait to get some Extra cash for first gen so i can drop a V8...

·
ohhhh yeahhhhh
919 Posts
holy shit i did not realize those holes were that big and there were so many. good luck man. i know youll make her beautiful hahaha. buttt a suggestion for the grille. why not go phantom? i think they look pretty sick. but then again thats just me:cool:

·
On tha grind
3,060 Posts
Floor pans suck to do. I didn't have to be nearly as precise as I bodydropped mine as well though.storebought body mounts suck ass.... make your own out of box tubing. If the rest of the floor is decent but only above the body mount is fockered.... support the body, cut out the bodymount section from inside the cab, bolt your new bodymount to the frame, then make all your filler peices. Unfortunately my floors were complete goners. Use 16g at the least for your floor, and some 1/8"-1/4" box tubing for the mount. cut the tubing open, drill your bodymount hole, weld in a nut, then close it back up. Just remember to keep it the same dimensions when you weld it (if you cut in half there will be a cutoff wheel sized width missing out of the height if that makes sense.)

You may have to patch the inner rocker as well if the bodymount was that far gone (the bodymount is attached to the inner rocker and tends to rot that spot out)

·
Deadlines are Overrated
3,025 Posts
cool project. good luck.
i'll be headin down to fay. this summer to visit some friends, i'll have to look ya up and check out the truck.

·
gang member!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are the rims I'm trying to get off of Ebay right now. Ya'll better not outbid me, cause I love'em and they're cheap.
264rc5H4-1.jpg
It seems like BMW 20's are freaking cheep on Ebay and very nice looking. Plus, they're pretty much the same bolt pattern (.65mm off of the 5x4.75 that we have).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts