S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am going to start project Ty-ada sooner than I had planned; the transmission in my wife's Bravada took a dump today. It only had 230,000 miles on it, I don't understand...

Anyway, here is what's going to happen: I have the complete drive train out of my 1993 GMC Typhoon with only 18,000 miles on it; the truck is totaled beyond repair. I have a Bravada with a bad transmission. So what I am going to do is put the front diff, rear diff, engine, transmission, transfer case, and driveshafts from my Typhoon in the Bravada. Not a new swap by any means, but it should be an interesting daily driver when it's finished. I will be installing some Trans Am WS6 wheels I have laying around in place of the original Bravada wheels. I will post some pics tomorrow of both parts of the project.

What does everyone think of this project? Once I'm done with this one, have others in line....

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
that sounds like a great plan Wish I had put a sy/ty motor in my blazer instead of a standard 4.3

take some pix and post them please! It will be interesting to see this progress.

·
Spoolin' Fool
434 Posts
Have you tried on those WS6 wheels? The bolt pattern is different. The Bravada should be 4.75 5 lug. The TA are also 5 lug but they are like 4.50 or something like that. It is just a hair off. The new Corvette or Camaro wheels will fit though if you have a set of those layin around.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Umm. The camaros and Trans ams are the same pattern. They are built on the same platform. Yes, I have had the wheels on already, for about 10,000 miles and they fit perfect. They will bolt right on your Sy, too. Ford's run the 5 on 4.5 pattern; the f bodys have run a 5 on 4 3/4 pattern since their starts in 1967 and 1969; they just changed the backspacing in 1993.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And here is the ada part of Tyada. I should have the engine out of the Typhoon tonight. I am still fighting trying to get the turbo off. One stubborn downpipe nut and one stubborn exhaust flange nut are trying my patience. The turbo has to come off because the intake housing and impeller were damaged in the accident. I am still looking for a turbo if any one wants to step forward and help out....

Attachments

·
Got Boost?
16 Posts
What part of missery are ya from?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts