S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well started my project 95 s10 xcab and figured I would share it. this will not be a fast project but every week it will progress and yes there will be plenty of pictures for all the picture nazis on here. My plans are:
Bag-building own bars, reverse 4 link, sd cups and acces.
Bodydrop-to rocker(havent figured out if I wanna channel or traditional)
22s-either eagle 025 or rozzi carbons
system-2 18" Fi BTLs two us amp exterminator 4000d, and re components
Paint-Candy cobalt or Candy oriental blue

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tore everything down today. and went and bought a 20 foot section of 2x2x.025 square tube and yes I know this is overkill but Id rather be safe then sorry. Went to neigbors and borrowed his plasma cutter so I could make my own link bars and these are the pics and kinda the idea behind how my link will be. oh yeah and my cut my gas tank xmember out and rear spare tank mounting bracket and my front hangars so I could weld them to the rear. I also decided to get rid of my manual trans for an auto. So I now have a borg warner t-5 for sell(hell 50 bux if you come get it)ill throw in the clutch pedal assembly and everything else also.

random pic of my boy goin to modern welding

pictures of bars that I started and finished today.

·
really slow
389 Posts
i hope you know that a reverse 4 link can make your driveshaft fall out and have bad pinion angle change, good luck

·
2 Tone
1,884 Posts
when doing a reverse link you always need the bars to be extremely long to help with the pinion. So maybe re plan your idea because id hate to see you do all this work and the suspension is useless

·
Registered
499 Posts
u are making a big mistake that you are going to really regret. not to mention the money to fix it the right way when you realize you really messed up

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well I bought the truck for 500 hundred bucks so hell I guess you get what you buy but it drove and was in pretty decent shape, but its all just surface rust. All of my past vehicles have had reverse four links and I guess its just somthing that I have down pretty good so Im gonna stick to it. Here is the reason that I am running the reverse four like I am.......and its a hell differant, but for any reason that this setup dosent work then ill just change it hell it wont take me but an extra day to cut and weld some more. Just tired of walkin by the trucks at shows and seeing just the bolt on three links. oh and if anyone needs a link I still have my three link from sd minus the gas tank crossmember for 300 hundred bucks.

the truck is done by the lil shop of horrors and was at slammin and jammin in tn. They are runnin 24s on it which is somthin that I dont wanna do but they pulled it off though. Oh and here is a pic of one of my old setups on my fullsize

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
can someone explain to my why which direction a four link faces would have ANYTHING do with pinion angle or its change????? :rolleyes: properly set-up bars in either direction will not effect your angle...is a reverse the best thing, not necessarily, but i can think of way worse....

it amazes me how people read something on the net and all the sudden its the gospel....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I appreciate the hell outta your statement buddy. Everytime I even say the word reverse on here I get slaughtered, but steve neilson at cando specialties has been doin it for years hell even max fish helped with one in minitruckin.

·
lame-o
792 Posts
can someone explain to my why which direction a four link faces would have ANYTHING do with pinion angle or its change????? :rolleyes: properly set-up bars in either direction will not effect your angle...is a reverse the best thing, not necessarily, but i can think of way worse....

it amazes me how people read something on the net and all the sudden its the gospel....
the key phase here is "properly setup", but for that statement to be true, the bars would have to be facing forward, right?
(or that's what I read on the net anyway)

:rolleyes:

t

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
the key phase here is "properly setup", but for that statement to be true, the bars would have to be facing forward, right?
(or that's what I read on the net anyway)

:rolleyes:

t
blind leading the blind....

way to dodge the OBVIOUS point and stick to the tired ol "reverse is bad" blah blah blah. you make my point for me, thanx

·
really slow
389 Posts
well I bought the truck for 500 hundred bucks so hell I guess you get what you buy but it drove and was in pretty decent shape, but its all just surface rust. All of my past vehicles have had reverse four links and I guess its just somthing that I have down pretty good so Im gonna stick to it. Here is the reason that I am running the reverse four like I am.......and its a hell differant, but for any reason that this setup dosent work then ill just change it hell it wont take me but an extra day to cut and weld some more. Just tired of walkin by the trucks at shows and seeing just the bolt on three links.
im not bashing your work, it all looks like its set up well, i was just adding my .02, if you are happy with it, then that is all that matters :tup:

·
Beams for the HATERS
1,730 Posts
i wanted to reverse mine, but i always heard o no thats dangerous... but i dont see it, if youve done it with no problems go for it! i dont bash anyone, im learnin, so i jus go with the flow

i dont see it changing anything, the bars could be longer, but hey your doin it! looks good now man! keep it up

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks, ill get off of work tomorrow night at 6 in the morning and will start on my notch and odvious rust bustin. I still need to gusset my rear hangars and do some odds and ends stuff so ill post up pics sunday morning during the process.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
yes extcab, longbed, 5inbdr, 350/700r4, stock hood
no, my wife says him just fine down south :)

thats my old truck....rip

1 - 20 of 27 Posts