S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 791 Posts

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title states, this thread is going to follow the progress of JimHrabe's Syclone which as far as research has found, is the ONLY bagged Syclone. Not only is it the ONLY bagged Syclone, but it retains the factory AWD which propels the truck to a 12.9 second 1/4 thanks to the Turbo 4.3 V6. Yes, keeping the AWD meant keeping the 4x4 frame and suspension, and YES Jim has cut everything enough to lay the front crossmember on the ground with the axles and CVs still in tact up front. The truck has been bagged for quite a while now but just recently has Jim undertaken the task of laying it flat out. He's asked me to help him with a few things on it and gave me permission to start a thread to hopefully share with you all the truly badass, one of a kind truck that this is. On with the pics!

When I first met Jim in person last week the truck was in the garage with all the work done to lay the front flat out. The bed was off and Jim had gotten all the holes drilled and bolts in for the 1st gen ART Roadgrater that he had gotten for the truck. Since I started helping him we got the notches and gastank crossmember all the way in, bolted up the link bars and a 2wd axle (the truck had a 4x4 axle that was 2" wider per side), and cut out the stock tubs and center of the bed (it pained me to cut up a one owner Sy with only 40,000 original miles). Then we set the bed on for some measurements and fitment checks:

Did I mention that the 4x4 suspension has as much if not more negative camber than a Ranger when layed out?:

and a few more to show the lowness factor:

Here's a few pics from Jim's garage here on the forum of the truck before he cut it to lay flat:
http://www.s10forum.com/garage/index.php?s=&CODE=14&type=garage_gallery&id=3078
http://www.s10forum.com/garage/index.php?s=&CODE=14&type=garage_gallery&id=3080
http://www.s10forum.com/garage/index.php?s=&CODE=14&type=garage_gallery&id=3676
http://www.s10forum.com/garage/index.php?s=&CODE=14&type=garage_gallery&id=3677
http://www.s10forum.com/garage/index.php?s=&CODE=14&type=garage_gallery&id=3081
http://www.s10forum.com/garage/index.php?s=&CODE=14&type=garage_gallery&id=3678

and then here's a few from what he had done with the front before I started helping him:

From as much as I know, the wheels are Billet Specialties and are 18x8s up front with 245/40-18s and 18x8.5s out back with 265/35-18s. They are a 4x4 offset up front and a 4x4 offset minus 1/2" out back. With the 2wd axle in now he'll need to run a 1" spacer to give these rims a proper offset. I'm sure Jim will post up in here to answer any other questions you guys may have or to throw up more info on the truck and maybe even correct some of the stuff I put up (hopefully I got it all right though lol).

Here's a link to Jim's Garage here on the forum:
http://www.s10forum.com/garage/index.php?s=&CODE=12&CID=1149#

·
I need a job, No one hire
365 Posts
So isent he gonna have problems like Ive been hering about bagging 4/awd?

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he can't drive with the front very low because it will blow out the CVs, but he can lay it out no problem when not moving. If he drags it'll be with the back not the front but how many people drag many other ways anyway?

·
Ooh, Crack Attack
674 Posts
layinbody31 said:
If he drags it'll be with the back not the front but how many people drag many other ways anyway?
Ugh, alot of people do. Their people like me who aren't afraid to lay it out and drag the shit out of it instead of pussy footing around and just dragging some shit you got welded up under the ass end.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
I'm sure most sy/ty owners will grind their teeth when they see it.

I think it looks mean like that. Really clean and low and still got the performance that they are known for.

I don't know if I could do it though. I've always been the type of half of me likes it the way it is stock and then the other half likes something customized.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
02draggindoor said:
Ugh, alot of people do. Their people like me who aren't afraid to lay it out and drag the shit out of it instead of pussy footing around and just dragging some shit you got welded up under the ass end.
Well some of us like to keep our trucks looking nice and not dragged to death. To each their own.

·
I need a job, No one hire
365 Posts
NCHEVYHEVN said:
I'm sure most sy/ty owners will grind their teeth when they see it.

I think it looks mean like that. Really clean and low and still got the performance that they are known for.

I don't know if I could do it though. I've always been the type of half of me likes it the way it is stock and then the other half likes something customized.
Yeah...as of a few months ago I could care less what ppl do to there car seing as its there car but What I dont like is when ppl take away the chrome for paint or put in a motor that shouldent be there. Like someone takeing an 85.5 SVO and putting a v8 in it. ya know?

If a vehicle came with a certen motor that made it what it is then keep it there.

I was watching some clasic car show on tv the other day, someone had an all origional 100% base model 60something camero with the I6 still there.

That car is gonna be worth more in value than a car with all the options and the biggest motor that could be shoehorned in it.

Just my take on something but I think if the car/truck whatever came with chrome leave that chrome where it was.

·
Im a Mexican, SO WHAT!
3,104 Posts
wow...that thing is insane

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
sic......

·
I Like Fire....HaHaHa
5,297 Posts
02draggindoor said:
Last time I checked, you still need a frame to call it a truck. Dragging without plating the frame or using some type of drag block is retarded and dangerous. How about not throwing sour milk on this project by critisizing a retarded point and instead give the guy props for accomplishing that much drop with a 4x4.

·
former owner
7,389 Posts
02draggindoor said:

Reading owns you. The guy just said he can't drive it flat out or else he'll blow the CV joints. Don't come in here and bash someone for not dragging flat, if he can't drag flat for good reason.

Nothing wrong with draggin blocks. People who say they won't drag blocks because it keeps them from laying out, are obviously the ones who can't figure out a way to mount them so that they accomplish both.

The Sy is badass. I love it.

·
Draggin a Ranger now
464 Posts
That thing is insane. You've got to give props to someone willing to take a rare vehicle like that and cut the shit out of it. Can't wait to see this thing done.

-Mike

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
looks good man

theres a bagged sonoma gt dude that buys from us, but i guess that doesnt count because hes 2wd heh

·
355 member
13,485 Posts
that's definetly hot. wish i could find a syclone. I'd cut that bish up in a heartbeat, lay out and run 12's. mmmmm.....goosebumps

1 - 20 of 791 Posts
About this Discussion
790 Replies
173 Participants
bigpokie
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing