S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i decided i wanna make a switch box instead of buying one, any tips? im lookin for 10 switches to fit in the cd case of the center consul of an 02 s10... how much does this cost etc...

·
Ricky
1,854 Posts
u want individuals, front, back, side, side, pancake and seesaw? if so you need 4 3 prong switches(for the individuals) 4 6 prong switches (for front/back/side/side control) and 2 12 prong switches for the pancake and seesaw. Unless you are good at electrical stuff and soldering, then you can use diodes and use all 3 prongs and save money. Talk to slammeddime for a good diagram, he helped me out.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
if u use diodes u wont need a 12 prong switch since they are like $20+ and shit at most places if u can find one

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
What I would do is just buy a prewired switch box from like Gauge Magazine and then just take the switches out of the box. Then they are already wired up and u can put them where u want.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
its not ebay...its the seller....the have high shipping rates cuz most people don't look at that before they buy.

they just see "hey...its ONLY 3.50, good deal" then the seller makes up the rest of the profit in shipping...it sux...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Dude dont do the diods I just tried it and I work at a place that has an electrical hop, i got everything for free and it was more hassle than anything. Try Suicidedoors they were selling pre wired boxes for 50 bucks.

·
http://www.vicbaggers.com
4,246 Posts
98sdime said:
its not ebay...its the seller....the have high shipping rates cuz most people don't look at that before they buy.

they just see "hey...its ONLY 3.50, good deal" then the seller makes up the rest of the profit in shipping...it sux...

Thats true but $8.50 is better that waht prohopper.com wants for thiers. & they charge way more for S&H!

·
Cannabis Guru
53 Posts
diodes are a pain in the ass
id just go with the 4-3 prong 4-6 prong and the 12 prongs u need

save u lots of stress!

·
Cannabis Guru
53 Posts
dude goto lowes....they have 3 prong and 6 prong

maybe even 12 i never looked for 12

·