S-10 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

A little mock up after swapping rear ends, the core support is aftermarket and fits terrible so it comes back out when the replacement arrives.
Starting to like the Bravada bumper.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yesterday was a poop show!
I finished the install of my newly acquired 8.8 I get ready to bolt up the spacers just to see they do not fit WTF!!!! The spacers I ordered were 1.25" 4.50 to 4.75 what I actually got was 4.75 to 4.50 GRRRRREATTTTT!!!!!!
Off to FB market place I go looking for some Mustang wheels 5 minutes later I find a complete set of basic 16" Mustang wheels. Cheaper to buy wheels then to wait for new spacers or better yet my guy that redrills my axles... Atleast the flower pot can move around.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Since I had the wrong spacers I noticed 1 very cool thing. I ordered these almost a year ago to put an 8.8 in my s10 and put corvette wheels on of course that got fouled up by no ones mistake but my own...... Turns out it was not a waste at all 1.25" spacers basically puts the mustang wheel nearly the same spot as the factory s10 wheel so now all 4 mustang 16x7.5 wheels are on the s10. I can easily add a 10.5" rear wheel with the amount of space left😉 and it looks like I will have almost another 1/2" when I instal the thorbros 4 link. Win Win
Now, I can decide on which front brakes to use...Factory Blazer or C6 brakes... Leaning towards the C6 swap.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Front with 1.25" spacers Chevy to Ford

Rear spacing with a Mustang 16x7.5 wheel and a stock length Explorer 8.8 don't mind the overspray I have a braided hose kit to instal

Just over 3" of room to allow 10.5-11" rim measurement is from the bulge of the tire to the leafspring.

I have been asked on numerous occasions, Why do I use Corvette wheels and why do I use so many salvaged/used parts?
The answer is quite easy, just take a look at how many projects are NOT completed, aborted and or sold off for a fraction of what they actually have invested.
There are plenty parts out there that the guy wasting money has purchased just to find out that awesome part does not work with or fit with other parts in the build. Corvette wheels are a dime a dozen and generally look pretty good on s10s.
Explorer rear axle can be had inexpensively and generally come with LSD, 3.73 or 4.10 gears compared to getting an axle then adding your choice of gears, LSD/Locker etc.
Brake upgrade, Blazer spindles and calipers are a direct bolt on or you can use some other factory brake set up with slight modification on the cheap compared to the alternative. Building a sport truck, drag truck, hot rod etc. Does not have to be a financial drain. The biggest expense on an s10 swap is your choice in Drivetrain, harness conversion and headers. I LOVE to drive my vehicles so all of them get built with the thought of cruising possibly a road trip even.
Make a reasonable budget build your truck then if you want other stuff then go for it. Many have caviar dreams with a Jack in the Box wallet.

Reactions: ProCycle

·
Boozebag
9,969 Posts
^^^ Good point...
I have done numerous "budget" upgrades using all GM parts that are direct bolt ins on many of my (8) S10s, including a few Chevy LUVs
Just have to know interchanges and source the right parts.
Everything from sway bar upgrades to disc brakes, posi choices, trans swaps - blah blah blah.
Anyway, good to see that you are at least making (slow PIA) progress.
Projects usually run into unexpected BS.
Axle swap looks good!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thank you Madmax
I just checked and thus far I am nearly 1500 below targeted budget for this build. This frees up the budget a little bit for a few performance parts like headgaskets, head studs possibly my camshaft, valve springs and retainers.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Went to visit the old street truck, everything that I have scheduled to do has been done and now it's time to have the Thorbros 4 link welded into position. Then for the front: Viking coilovers, tall ball joints and all new steering componets.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Time for some bars and welding to be done along with a C notch.
28" Hoosier on a 15x10 will sit back here for track days.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Actually had some time today. I pulled the carpet out to attempt cleaning it but it's too worn in spots so time for new carpet

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Not worth trying to save. New carpet is about 180.00
Sleeve Grey Collar Wood Beige

21 - 30 of 30 Posts