S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1082 Posts

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I had a nice thread going in the body droppin it section before the major website crash and I have been too lazy to get a new one going until now. This project started the 1st of October 2006. Here is what she used to look like before the tear down...

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So, then I started the tear down at a shop about 20 minutes from my house... very nice shop.

Then I started the frame rails, which are constructed out of 2x3 1/4" thick

Added some kick ass sd arms

Then I got down to da biznich

passenger side frame rail to be finished at later date....

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I then decided to bring my truck home and user my mothers garage so that i can work on it more often. I do miss the heat, lighting, and the lifts at the shop, but oh well.

I picked up some of my own tools, included a lincoln weld pak 175 hd. ****ing badass welder.

My first project for the new welder... make an exhaust tunnel.

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now for my crazy exhaust system. I decided to run my exhaust like this rahter than right under the tranny so that i won't drag my exhaust all up. this setup i built has over 1" of clearance in the lowest spot. This setup also allows for the maxium floor space, sense the cat is farther back....

After that was all done, i painted everything up nice nice...
(obviously i used exhaust paint for the exhaust)

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
For some reason... this stupid forum won't let me post up my first pics!! i delete the first one and then it won't show the second one? idk its betarded

Next we put the cab on mother****ers!!!!!! This is big tom (on the left) and me (on the right)

Now in these pics the front cab mounts still need to be dropped (still pretty dang low)

and now these are of it laying on 2x4's.... finally got the bitch to lay body!!! I was pretty happy that the rear body mounts are the perfect height, and the mounts themselfs were perfectly alligned so the bolts went right in. I am kinda pissed that i had to cut so much of the floor though!

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Looks really good. I like those Zenetti throwbacks. How much are those gonna run you?

·
Disturbed Image Trucks
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
good progress man, i was wondering also where this thread was. So are you using the 2/4's to level the frame to the cab????
The back of the cab is already done, its only there to support the front section, the ones in the back are just to keep everything level. Still not sure if i'm going to use it when i tack everything together yet... The pieces seam pretty uniform...

Looks really good. I like those Zenetti throwbacks. How much are those gonna run you?
$1800 shipped w/o tires. It will cost me something like $2500 for the throwbacks w/tires.

$2300 shipped for the c-5's w/tires.

Thanks for the compliments guys, keep um coming.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
$1800 shipped w/o tires. It will cost me something like $2500 for the throwbacks w/tires.

$2300 shipped for the c-5's w/tires.
Are the throwbacks chrome or billet? They look like they are chrome.

1 - 20 of 1082 Posts