S-10 Forum banner
1181 - 1200 of 1547 Posts

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
i was reading an article on the new lamborghini lp640 roadster and it mentioned the carbon fiber ceramic brakes setup was a $6500 option. you'd be outdoing the supercars (pricewise anyways.)

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,182 ·
i was reading an article on the new lamborghini lp640 roadster and it mentioned the carbon fiber ceramic brakes setup was a $6500 option. you'd be outdoing the supercars (pricewise anyways.)
Any idea how big the rotors are and how many piston calipers it has? I'd be interested to see. And don't forget that 'options' cost is that much ABOVE whats ALREADY BEEN SPENT on the current brake setup. So you may be paying $3500 (included in the overall cost) for the standard brake package and then the full blown carbon fiber ceramic brakes cost $10,000 so they charge you an ADDITIONAL $6500. Smell what I'm steppin' in?

·
Frame Laying Member
2,068 Posts
don't know about indiana but in Illinois classic is 25 years

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,186 ·
ok well I'm not sure how many of you guys follow my thread for my '95 S10 but on Monday on the way to work it blew the head gasket (2.2s are notorious for that and I'm sure the 20 below weather had a part in it as well). After blowing the head gasket it apparently burned up all the coolant and then proceeded to overheat the motor to the point of locking up and melting holes in the pistons. I had NO indications of anything going wrong other than that I didn't have heat (thought maybe the heater core had froze up) and that it ran rough for a few seconds a few different times. The engine temp gauge read normal the whole time and I never got an overheat light because APPARENTLY GM doesn't put the coolant temp sensor in, on, around, or near the engine block...

So anyway, the '95 is out of commission as my daily driver and as of Thursday I bought a '91 Mazda 626 with 163,000 miles on the clock. It runs/drives great and everything on it works other than a few lights in the dash and interior. Not bad for $200 from the junkyard I now work at :D

Well now that the '95 is out of service I really need to just get that fixed so I can get back to driving it. But there's a lot of stuff I wanted to do to it that would require taking it off the road anyway, so if it MUST be off the road now, I figure might as well make good use of this time and do all the stuff now. So over the next few months I will be driving the Maz-Dawg and fixing the '95 to a point where I won't have to take it off the road again and it can once again resume its responsibility as my daily driver.

So how does this affect the '91 you say? Well let me tell you... What I plan to do is to take all the stuff off of the '95 that I raped from the '91 and put it all back on the '91. Then once the '91 is mobile again I will get it out of my shop and take it somewhere for it to sit in storage (hopefully back to my grandma's where it used to be). That will free up a lot of space in my shop for me to work on the '95 and get it done to the point of daily driveability again. Check out the "Work Truck" project thread for more specific details.

So sorry to get everybody's hopes up but this bad turn of events essentially just screwed the '91 into being parked for that much longer until it gets worked on again :(

·
Frame Laying Member
2,068 Posts
:stupid:

first gen stockfloored > work truck

i mean my s10 is on blocks as I'm putting the tranny in again, and it has full coverage insurance, but i drive my f150 all the time with just liability.

mess up the s10 and i'd be pissed, **** up the ford and i'd laugh :)

lol i'm the same way with my blazer. **** the blazer.i'm still making payments on my 03 so if that were to get totaled i would be very upset. oh and booooo the 95! 1st gens are the shit!

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,194 ·
lol man all you guys are hatin on the '95 :( gonna make me go cry haha. Don't worry....the '91 will have its glory days in due time, I have very big plans for it. The '95 just needs to be DONE first so that I can get back to using it for what I bought it for...a daily driver. I hope to have the '95 done around Halloween this year so after that its '91 or bust :D

·
Extended cab or no cab.
19,984 Posts
no pics on this whole page!? whats up?

·
Go to COLLEGE
163 Posts
part out whats left of the 95 and stick to one thing. sounds like u got a decent daily driver now.. hell, go buy a 500 dollar pick up and DRIVE it. cmon man. shit, ill GET an s10.. BODY DROP it, BLOW IT UP, and SELL IT before urs is even on the road at this rate.

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,198 ·
part out whats left of the 95 and stick to one thing. sounds like u got a decent daily driver now.. hell, go buy a 500 dollar pick up and DRIVE it. cmon man. shit, ill GET an s10.. BODY DROP it, BLOW IT UP, and SELL IT before urs is even on the road at this rate.
decent is an understatement haha

No I don't plan on parting out the '95, I have a straight forward plan for it to get it done and back on the road ASAP.

And BTW...I still have your bucket. Keep meaning to get that back to you...

1181 - 1200 of 1547 Posts