S-10 Forum banner
1161 - 1180 of 1547 Posts

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
but thats because they are one off. there are a million sets of boss 304's floating around. thats why its 1200 bucks for a set of 20's

·
Frame Laying Member
2,068 Posts
a friend of mine had billet specilties make him his rims. he gave them a desing and size and they made them. he had 22's made and i think they were 5g's w/o tires.

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
I think a one off forged wheel would be a LOT more than a one off billet wheel......

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,165 ·
yeah i for sure want forged, not billet. I want to be able to chrome them eventually and I hate the extra 'step' in the rim that you get from welding the center into billet wheels. I want the hoops of the wheels to be 100% flat all the way from the outside lip to the inside lip. I know they'll be tall money but thats the price you pay...

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,166 ·
oh and a little update for the truck...

last night I scored a FREE set of stock '98up Blazer spindles for the truck :D

Special thanks to Lagz for the hookup :tup:

Now I can buy me some SD arms and put the front suspension back together to lay a 27.5" tall tire on stock spindles and run 17" brakes up front :evilg:

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,171 ·
yes you heard right....17" brakes. Biggest brake rotor on the market right now. For pictures of them search for the "Top Tuner Pontiac Solstice" SEMA car that had them in the rear behind a set of 22s. They're even wave rotors to boot :evilg:

And yes I'm gonna use them to STOP lol. I don't know where you can get them from but I will find out. It will probably be about $10,000 for a set of brakes for the truck but its ok because I'll only have to buy them once :D

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,177 ·
god damn $10000 is a nice downpayment on a house around here
yup, same here. Thats why all the money that will fund the '91 is going to come from side work that I will be doing. If I earn 10k from my regular job, that would go towards a house. Well....after my debt is paid off and the '95 gets finished :D

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,178 ·
:werd: thats alot of cash for brakes:eek:
the truck will probably have $100,000+ into it when I'm done

it will be like a "super car" but a truck. I want it to be on the scale of cars built by Boyd, Chip Foose, and Troy Trepanier

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,180 ·
yeah what these guys said...

So at that price range.. your looking to finish this thing around when? 2017? Hell you can put classic plates on it by then.:haha:
it MIGHT be FINISHED in 2017, yes. Driveable...maybe '08 or '09.

I thought classic plates were for vehicles that were 30 years old or older? If thats the case I should find a cab from an '83 S10 and then in 2013 I could get classic plates for it :D

1161 - 1180 of 1547 Posts