S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
601 - 609 of 609 Posts

·
Hardcore 1st Gen'r
2,869 Posts
bump. i'm crawling out of my cave if you even remember me:) i gotta say that you and I are alot alike in our OCD for the details on building a crew cab. I've always dreamed about building a crew cab too but it'll prob realistically never happen for me. I'm happy to see you doing this and its awesome to see your idea of using an ex cab. that's an idea, like everyone else, i never thought of. the window channels have always been the kicker on the conversion for me. I've never been a fan of the different width doors in the 4 door blazers. hopefully the progress gets rolling again soon but what can i say, i haven't touched my truck in over 4 years..... unless you count stacking storage bins in the bed :rolleyes: so why exactly did you move to Michigan and back again? i missed that part.

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #603 ·
bump. i'm crawling out of my cave if you even remember me:) i gotta say that you and I are alot alike in our OCD for the details on building a crew cab. I've always dreamed about building a crew cab too but it'll prob realistically never happen for me. I'm happy to see you doing this and its awesome to see your idea of using an ex cab. that's an idea, like everyone else, i never thought of. the window channels have always been the kicker on the conversion for me. I've never been a fan of the different width doors in the 4 door blazers. hopefully the progress gets rolling again soon but what can i say, i haven't touched my truck in over 4 years..... unless you count stacking storage bins in the bed :rolleyes: so why exactly did you move to Michigan and back again? i missed that part.

Hey man, thanks for the interest! I know you've been around here for a while so I def remember you :cool: I just got my frame table back last week so I'm hoping to get the cabs put together sometime this spring :) For now tho the truck has been parked in the same spot in the driveway for almost a year, so it's getting to be time to do something about that lol.

As far as the MI move, I got a job with American Axle (GM's axle supplier) up in Three Rivers, so we moved up there for it. But we had a lot of bad circumstances and misfortunes up there and due to all that the job didn't end up working out. So we came back to IN since it is where all our family is and is basically a "home base" for us

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I have been subscribed to this thread for a while now and curious if there are any updates. I partially wish I would have gone a different direction in some areas on mine but the amount of hours I have spent and it still isn't totally done I don't think I did. I sure hope I can see this one done. There aren't too many people that have totally completed one of these. Most haven't even got it completed as for as mine is. Sure hope we can see some updates soon.

·
Old Fart
4,518 Posts
I wonder if he ever completed it? 6 years with no posts means either it got sold or scrapped I think.

·
Old Fart
4,518 Posts
Cool project! I would love to build one of these someday. The truck from Camp n Drag as well as the white crewcab short bed on 23s are what really spurred me to decide 100% to get the parts from the guy and do the project. Maybe that's a sign that I should build it that way...
Welcome to the group!

601 - 609 of 609 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.