S-10 Forum banner

361 - 380 of 605 Posts

·
Turbocharged Pimp
1,616 Posts
mine may have been 35's there long gone but we had to open up the lowers to allow the cv axles to come through,we had to take the center section of the lower control arms out so they kinda look like a U now

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #362
mine may have been 35's there long gone but we had to open up the lowers to allow the cv axles to come through,we had to take the center section of the lower control arms out so they kinda look like a U now
Yeah I remember you saying that about the lowers. I meant that your current BFGs on the Raceline's were 245/35s, subsequently I had thought I remembered your old 18s having 245/40s so that sounded right

·
Its that dam ADD!
4,742 Posts
I hear ya on the garage and the bomb going off. My wife does the same thing. Keep it up, good luck man

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
last time we replaced the upper balljoints on Dougs daily, we did a little checking. The upper 2wd joint was nearly half the price as the 4x4 joint, wondering why we couldnt just use the 2wd version.... so we compared the 2 side by side. The bolt patterns were identical, the taper on the joints is the same... but the starting size of the taper is larger on the 4x4 joints. Meaning if you used a 2wd joint it would seat itself further down into the 4x4 spindle and they would require a few washers to take up the space pushing the castle nut down far enough that the cotter pin would do anything.

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #366
any updates on the beast ?
No nothing much... been trying to work on the Sonoma in whatever time I have because the compressor is still broke so I have to put air in it twice a day lol. I've got a whole laundry list for that thing that I'm trying to get done to get it 100% where it needs to be for functioning as my daily driver. Then after that (or mixed in with it as I get bored with that project) I will be getting back on the crewcab. I'm hoping to get it put together in time to go out to Dropt N Destroyed in OH in Oct where it would be laying rocker out on the runway :)

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #367
I hear ya on the garage and the bomb going off. My wife does the same thing. Keep it up, good luck man
My wife and I are both bad at it, but when she dumps house crap into my already messy garage in her attempt to clean the house, that's just annoying because then in a way I end up cleaning up twice the mess.

Thanks for the good words man. I'm just an average guy workin in my garage like anybody else. Maybe someday I'll start my own shop or somethin but until then this is what I have to work with so it's what I'm gonna do :cool:

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #368
last time we replaced the upper balljoints on Dougs daily, we did a little checking. The upper 2wd joint was nearly half the price as the 4x4 joint, wondering why we couldnt just use the 2wd version.... so we compared the 2 side by side. The bolt patterns were identical, the taper on the joints is the same... but the starting size of the taper is larger on the 4x4 joints. Meaning if you used a 2wd joint it would seat itself further down into the 4x4 spindle and they would require a few washers to take up the space pushing the castle nut down far enough that the cotter pin would do anything.
Sweet that's good to know. Then when I build my tubulars for 22s I could use the SuperTravel joints if I need the exta angle on the mount, and I am thinking that the small amount the balljoint pulls down towards the hub due to the length-of-taper difference in addition to flipping the lower balljoints will aide in limiting the extreme angles on the arms when laying on a wheel that big

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #372
So I haven't done much of anything on this thing in the past month since the big push for Camp N Drag. Well I'm sick of it sitting in a half finished state so I took a look at the calendar and realized that as of this coming weekend it's 8 weeks til Dropt & Destroyed. So I'm giving myself 8 weeks to get the Sonoma all fixed up and get this thing layin out. I know I don't do well with deadlines but having one at least gets me to work on it lol

So stay tuned... hopefully you'll see progress soon :D

·
Flame It ALL
8,853 Posts
Good to see you're gonna keep going, I'm gonna sub to your Sonoma thread now

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #376
Ill be at Dropt as well!! Lookin forward to catchin up to ya and the trucks in person

And of course some updates are always nice haha
Sounds good :)

I still plan on getting those pie cut uppers to you eventually but I've had some design/manufacturing setbacks with getting my Wheels Centered UCAs built and installed on the Sonoma. Once they're on tho the pie cut uppers are all yours if you still want them

·
Low is a Lifestyle
302 Posts
Sounds good :)

I still plan on getting those pie cut uppers to you eventually but I've had some design/manufacturing setbacks with getting my Wheels Centered UCAs built and installed on the Sonoma. Once they're on tho the pie cut uppers are all yours if you still want them
:worship:

·
I need to get movin
884 Posts
Lol yeah buddy I haven't forgotten about them, but I recently moved to a place with no shop so I'm in no rush to tear the front end apart. Just keep me posted and if it works out hopefully I can grab em at Dropt

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #380
Lol yeah buddy I haven't forgotten about them, but I recently moved to a place with no shop so I'm in no rush to tear the front end apart. Just keep me posted and if it works out hopefully I can grab em at Dropt
I like that idea!

361 - 380 of 605 Posts