S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 555 Posts

·
I do renders!
7,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, well I thought I'd start a thread since I've been doing little things at a time to the truck.

Well, last summer I got my first vehicle. I was super happy to get it and I had no idea about S-10's.

What it looked like at first:

After awhile I wanted something better, so I decided to get some rims.

With Rims:

Then Tint:

Then I just started getting small stuff like a lil system. I was completly unaware of what could be done to one of these trucks until i was driving around and saw a lowered S-10 with a decent paint job. That enspired me to look up some things and I found this forum. Since then, I've been emptying my pockets to this truck, lol.

Little Soundstream and sub box I had in there:

Tail lights before:

After:

Uh, I asked around about the little mods I could do. After awhile I mananged to rack up a few parts:
-roll pan
-ss mirrors
-clear corners

Haven't had the time to install the roll pan and mirrors but I will soon...

I got pretty bored and the grille was fading so I did some research on the forum and found that I wanted to paint the grill.

Before:

After:

I recently ordered a billet grill so that should be pretty cool. Oh yeah, most importantly...I just order my lowering kit and shocks a few days ago. Can't wait to get that in. It's a 4/5 McGaughys drop kit and I got Belltech Nitro Drop shocks.

So right now, it's gonna continue to have small mods but It will soon be how I want it....until I want something new that is, lol. Ill keep ya'll updated if you'd like! Back to messin up my truck for now....

·
I do renders!
7,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah, well....what do yall think?
Any suggestions?....be honest, I won't cry (not too hard atleast...lol)

should i chrome the bumper?

·
2.2 Auto FTW
2,957 Posts
nice and clean, white bumper ftw

·
Sweet lemonade.
2,737 Posts
yea, looks like a real clean truck man.

also another clean mod you can do and it only involves a hacksaw or a sawzaw. get under your truck and cut off your exhaust. right after the first (closest to the back) exhaust hanger. and it will clean up the back alot when you put on that rollpan.

and you can also clear your 3rd tail light. i didnt because i'm shaving it but you can buy a clear lense.
http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=IPCW3RDB01&c=EX&m=all

·
I do renders!
7,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
or paint it white.. its up to you. im not to BIG on chrome, but its what you like..
thanks....idk, i like the chrome bumper but dont know if it would look good

yea, looks like a real clean truck man.

also another clean mod you can do and it only involves a hacksaw or a sawzaw. get under your truck and cut off your exhaust. right after the first (closest to the back) exhaust hanger. and it will clean up the back alot when you put on that rollpan.

and you can also clear your 3rd tail light. i didnt because i'm shaving it but you can buy a clear lense.
http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=IPCW3RDB01&c=EX&m=all
thanks, i was lookin at those 3rd brake lights earlier...i might end up orderin one tonight and i got hack saw so ill probably cut the exhaust tonight too

and i like your "murdered" look...mine is kinda the opposite with all white, hah

looking good. that is gonna looks real nice when you get it lowered and the mirrors on.
thanks, i hope so man...i tried installin the mirrors, wasnt happenin...i couldnt get the door panel off first, then i found a way around that and i couldnt get the freakin bolts out, lol

·
I do renders!
7,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New Update!

Mirrors Installed!

I love it...makes a big difference!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Mirrors look great.
Might have to order up a set myself.

I've been busy working on installing my lowering kit tonight. Looking forward to seeing yours installed.

BTW I think the chrome bumper would look good with the white.
I'm putting chrome on mine when I get the kit installed too... but mine's cherry red / red primer.

·
I do renders!
7,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mirrors look great.
Might have to order up a set myself.

I've been busy working on installing my lowering kit tonight. Looking forward to seeing yours installed.

BTW I think the chrome bumper would look good with the white.
I'm putting chrome on mine when I get the kit installed too... but mine's cherry red / red primer.
thanks, i cant wait to have the truck lowered either.

i wanna see your truck though, i think i am goin to get the chrome bumper.

see, told ya it wasnt that hard! haha. Good job. It looks much better now
yeah, it was pretty simple....i was just being a lazy bum before....lol but when i actually tried and looked at it...i felt dumb, haha

ummm, dont know if youve read the first post but it says that i ordered the kit and it should be lowered soon....

·
I do renders!
7,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks bro,
idk...im thinkin about gettin a paint job, the guy will color change it and shave everything i want for 2500....but i like the white. The paint now has small cracks and scratches and the body needs alittle work....

should i go ahead and get a color change or keep the white and just get a touch up? i know its my choice but i want some suggestions....

AND...I cant get this roll pan on....the fender walls collapsed in alittle, i bent em out to have it fit but its still alittle tight. i got it in but its bolt on and didnt come with and bolts, whats best to use?

·
6.2L 6L80 SFBD Procharged
8,461 Posts

·
I do renders!
7,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
right before the axle?
will this cause it to be louder? or cause any other problems?

1 - 20 of 555 Posts