S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
11,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I finished up my exhaust (for now, I'll be tossing on some JBA long tubes little later this year. Can't remember if I mentioned it in the other thread, but I converted it to a mid muffler setup, with the 10" Roush cans, instead of the stock after axle setup. It should be deeper and less raspy this way.

·
Yes, they're all mine
3,042 Posts
coming along great

·
11,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man. I'm starting to get real excited. Today was a really good day. I started it up for the first time since I had cut it in half and this exhaust setup sounds amazing. It could be a bit louder, but the tone makes me stiff legged. I also got my new clear in yesterday so as soon as I got in from work today (I worked 7-3 at one job yesterday then left and worked my part time job until 11) I painted my trunk blackout panel. I'm super pleased with the new clear. I've always used PPG, but I'm on a new boat now. Anyway, without further adue.

·
11,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The clear could have a bit less peal, but it will be sanded down and recleared when I spray the red. This time I used my base gun (Sata D2000) for the base and clear, but when I do the full job I'll use it for base only and spray the clear with my Anest Iwata LPH400.

·
11,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man. All it takes is time and experience. I couldn't do it anymore for a living. I can turn out, IMO, pretty good work, but I take my time. I'm pretty anal about it and everybody wants their stuff done yesterday. That's just not how I do things in the garage and my work tends to suffer when I'm rushed.

·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
Small update.

Uh huh.

Looks awesome!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
What an amazing turn around. Quick question, when prepping the rear end for paint, did you do much to the original paint, primer and sanding or did you just scuff with really well with a scotch brite pad?

·
Got s10?
4,219 Posts
You sir are extremely talented at what you do. Very impressive. Can't wait to see full final completion pictures! Woot! Maybe some videos too haha

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Looks great man! I'm digging the wheel choice.

·
ELTC
8,391 Posts
damn cant believe this is a fully assembled painted car already. sick wheel choice those are boobs

1 - 20 of 53 Posts