S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yeah...I've been on a Ford kick lately for the most part. Traded my bagged f-150 for a VW and a lifted ford, traded the lifted ford for an 86 rebel 450, traded the VW for a fox body mustang, then traded the fox body for this ranger. My buddy built the ranger years ago and it was a driver up until last year. I just got all the fuel injection shit working, put my cobra intake on it with BBK 70mm throttle body and adjustable FPR. Today was the first time I heard this truck run on fuel injection in years...he had it at a show this year beating around with a carb on it but screw that. I had to throw a new in-tank pump in it, new fuel lines, fix some grounds and power wires, and two new relays and voila it fired up.

Truck used to be front bagged but it was hacked so he cut the shit back off and bolted the spring perches back in. It has DJM dream beams, rear flip kit, suicide doors raised tranny and radius arm x-members.

Since we all know I'm a trade whore(my wife and daughter dubbed it the vehicle of the month)...who knows how long I'll keep it. BUT, the plans as of right now are a traditional body drop and HYDROS. Making my own 4-link soon after I pick up my steel for this truck and my 454. F it...pics.

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah but I have to fix the notches AS USUAL...welds aren't the best.

Can't forget the best part...derrr.

·
Registered
716 Posts
really diggin it even though i tend to be a ranger hater. body looks straight and paint is clean. looks like a clusterfuck under the hood though.

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm still working under there and have to rearrange some shit definitely...plus it's rusty as hell under there(including some floor rot). Body actually isn't that great...the bed needs alot of work since one of the bed rails some how rotted out at the top, and the passenger side they welded in the patch panel and didn't do any body work and just painted over it. Cab forward is pretty decent though, minus two dents. I always wanted this truck since I first saw it so getting it 4 years later is pretty cool IMO.

·
No S-series no Cry.
395 Posts
looks good. better than mine ever will at least...

·
Now owns an S-10
8,102 Posts
Hey i've seen that truck before. The owner is from around your way, they were in the hotel room next to us at Carlisle '06. I cant remember his name, sorta heavier set, glasses, darker hair i think. His buddy Jeremiah is on the forum here, which now has a lime green bodied ranger with a SBC 350. He had another friend name Dave i think with a dark green Typhoon.

How long do you really plan to keep this thing? lol

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hey i've seen that truck before. The owner is from around your way, they were in the hotel room next to us at Carlisle '06. I cant remember his name, sorta heavier set, glasses, darker hair i think. His buddy Jeremiah is on the forum here, which now has a lime green bodied ranger with a SBC 350. He had another friend name Dave i think with a dark green Typhoon.

How long do you really plan to keep this thing? lol
Kid I got the ranger from his name is Matt, I've known him for years, used to work with him and go to his dads shop all the time...he runs his own hauling business right now. I've known Jeremiah for a long time too, we're in the same club...the ranger actually has a 2.3 turbo out of a turbocoupe that he hasn't worked on in forever because he got an old yota and bodydropped it this year. I don't know of a Dave but I know a guy named John that has a Typhoon that we went to Carlisle with. They all live around me, within 20 miles.

I'm gonna try and keep it for a while...actually driving it to work tomorrow since I got it running pretty decent, I took it out last night and beat the shit out of it...it's so fun.:haha: I'll try to get some decent pictures parked at work.

-Giggles- said:
i love it...I want it!
Thanks man..keep an eye on this thread man, it could be yours!:haha:

Dropnshave95 said:
Dnt look to bad of a shape for a early year ranger man . And of course you are drinking the amazing beer so jealous
It's in OK shape, bed is definitely pretty crappy but it's hard to tell, I'll get better pics of it soon....I always get home when it's dark so kinda sucks. That beer can was actually my buddy's from back in August, and I finally just took it out...actually almost left it in there when I went for my first drive hahaha..that would have been dumb. Yuengling is definitely the best beer ever. :tup:

Talking with a guy about possibly buying a hydro setup right now w00t w00t.

·
Now owns an S-10
8,102 Posts
Yeah, after i posted last night i was thinking his name was Matt.

And maybe it was John that had the Ty, lol. Does he still have it?

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As far as I know he does...last I heard he was rebuilding it because it had a rod knock.

No real good pictures...need to get a 94-95 mustang MAF since my stock one is shot, runs decent but the MAF is ****ed, have to run it unplugged and really only lights really light throttle or WOT...total waste of gas, but it's loud as **** and I love it. Stuck a stock motorcycle mirror on off my 86 rebel, gonna stick the passenger side on too...it's actually useful and I can see out of it.

Talked with a guy about a full hydro setup, 2 dumps, 6 solenoids, 5 batteries, switchbox, charger, cylinders, cups, coils...everything for $500, so I'm gonna try and pick that up before the months over.

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
>.<

·
Mine Drags The Ground
836 Posts
I dig your V-dub

·
PAGING DR. ******!
7,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Mine Drags The Ground
836 Posts
I just went and looked at a 72 Super Beetle 1600 Dual port motor Twin 44 Webers, and i want to turbo it, bagg it, strech the wheel base it the front and chop top (maybe)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts